PO: Quicksand - Slip LP Reissue

How about, don't spoil memories of the way things were?

Generally, I agree that reunions just don't work well, and things were probably best left as they were. However, given that, they are the people creating the music, doing what they want to do. You don't have to listen to anything new. I'm hopeful that the Quicksand reunion will be great. I was really impressed with the new Rival Schools stuff, and will take just about anything Walter and co. can give to us.

How about, don't spoil memories of the way things were?

I fall more in the camp where it's their art and since they aren't changing it who am I to say they can't continue to represent it. I'm not a huge fan of reunions but when an original line-up returns I see no issue whatsoever for the artist to enjoy their art as they please. They owe me nothing.

This isn't like Sublime or the Misfits here.

This also isn't like George Lucas re-editing Star Wars.

This is legit and I hope they have as much fun together on stage as I do when I get back together with my old friends from way back.

I'm not anti-reunion, I'm anti-suck. When I saw the Gorilla Biscuits reunion, they were sloppy as hell and they acted like they couldn't have cared less about the music they were playing. I was in a rare minority that didn't like it. If you're going to reunite to do an unenergetic, slowed down version of what I've already seen... thanks, but no thanks. If you're 20 years old and have never seen it before, I guess I can understand some excitement about it. Enjoy. Personally, I would like a little more.

^ Oh no I wasn't mad about your comment it was just a general response. Yeah some reunions I've been to bands have killed it and other bands are kind of like meh. I get why people would be not as excited/annoyed if its like meh but I hate when people are like go over the top of how they hate the reunion and that it should never happen. That said reunions aren't going to spoil anyone's memory. If they saw a band in 95 and it ruled nothing could change that.

Also the Fallon performance did look "meh" but a lot of underground bands I feel don't translate well in a live studio taping environment. If you feed off of a crowd as opposed to solely putting on an entertaining show regardless of the response it will show in these performances. I thought the Refused performance on Fallon were awkward.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd just say that those two NYC dates were definitely two of the best performances I've ever seen. I feel bad for anyone that decided to sell their tickets after watching the Fallon appearance or those who's opinion on the reunion soured after watching it.

No matter what these guys end up doing, I'm behind it all the way. New album, no album, few dates a year.... doesn't matter.

Awesome to hear people should know by now that Walter never does anything half assed. I really hope they do a steady amount of shows a year on a part time basis or whatever. Would be a total bummer if the just went back on the shelf again now after so many non active years already.