The Newsroom

it wasn't even the whole college rape story line- i appreciated that back and forth debate that the two shared, and thought it made for one of the better scenes of the season. but the internet needs to freak out, because of course it does. "someone's talking about rape? THEY'RE WRONG."

obvious gripe is with maggie and jim, because come on. we're still on this?

but most of all, the moment- like the nano second that charlie paused, i said out loud "oh come on don't fucking die". there were no words actually spoken... that's just how hard my eyes rolled. 

so am i the only one who despised where the last episode went?

This season has been frustrating me and Sunday's episode was the worst out of them.  I don't really like when Sorkin does romance, he's just so bad at it.  I'm kind of glad this is coming to an end.  Also, the Charlie heart attack was really predictable.

The whole Jim and Maggie thing last episode could have been left out. It just felt like they were so desperately trying to include more real life world events in the storyline, which is usually OK when it actually has a point like in the earlier seasons with the gas spill, etc. The Snowden thing was completely pointless, and then when Mac was reciting all the news they would have to cut in order to include the things Charlie wanted...groan.

The whole Jim and Maggie thing last episode could have been left out. It just felt like they were so desperately trying to include more real life world events in the storyline, which is usually OK when it actually has a point like in the earlier seasons with the gas spill, etc. The Snowden thing was completely pointless, and then when Mac was reciting all the news they would have to cut in order to include the things Charlie wanted...groan.

I felt the same way (Groan) with how long they stretched out the whole "don't report the Boston Bombing until it's in the AP system" angle, even when it was obvious something was happening. Dragged that idea to the ground in season one. A minute of screentime where they are making the decision is fine, but it was just too much.

also thought it was a very well-written episode.

my only real gripes were with how many tropes they rolled out in about a 10 minute interval, spanning back to the end of last week- a death, a pregnancy, a new relationship, hallucinations. 

but by the end of everything, they all came together really, really well- especially the part where will was on about hallucinations with the bartender.

oh, and i was amused by mac being as clueless about the conversation in the car as i was. "do you even know what the fuck we're talking about?" so good.