The Newsroom

I can't wait for this to come back.

I have been asking around because I finally have time to watch TV.  I've been watching Break Bad (never watched, on season 2 now, episode 11ish), watched one ep of Mad Men but haven't seen more yet, and last night watched the first episode of Shameless which appears to be a ridiculous show.

I can't wait for this to come back.

I have been asking around because I finally have time to watch TV.  I've been watching Break Bad (never watched, on season 2 now, episode 11ish), watched one ep of Mad Men but haven't seen more yet, and last night watched the first episode of Shameless which appears to be a ridiculous show.

All three of those shows (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Shameless) are definitely worth watching. Keep at them.

Can't wait for Newsroom to come back, by far one of the best shows on TV.

Really having trouble getting episodes 8-10. The fact that HBO seems to have nuked all the file upload sites makes me nervous to do a public torrent. Might have to get a private one. Or just borrow an HBO online account.

To actually contribute something to the discussion, I laughed my ass off when they dropped a piece of paper on Will's desk that said "Obama good, Osama bad" when he was high on the night they got Osama.

• 2 months later...

I haven't watched tonight's episode, but so far I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the last.  It's still better than almost everything currently on TV right now, but I still don't think it's as strong.  I feel that way about The West Wing too though, started strong and (very) slowly deteriorated.

• 4 weeks later...

Been watching.. it's good but sometimes I get lost in the timeline because sometimes we're before the Africa trip, then we're after it and whatsherface has short red hair, then we're after it and her hair looks just like it was before the trip.

The whole Genoa plot is my least favorite thing they have done in this show.

my least favorite thing was casting alison pill.

Was casting her worse than making her character retarded? Both in the way she does her job as well as staying with Don through the first season when their relationship made no sense. Not sure anyone else could have played the part better.

Neil would probably be #2 on my least favorite characters (although his snap at Ron Paul girl this week was pretty nice).

Was casting her worse than making her character retarded? Both in the way she does her job as well as staying with Don through the first season when their relationship made no sense. Not sure anyone else could have played the part better.

Neil would probably be #2 on my least favorite characters (although his snap at Ron Paul girl this week was pretty nice).

i'm a fan of neil, but i had an early bias because i loved patel on the show skins

I like Neil quite a bit too.  So far, I've enjoyed the first season more than I have this one.  I don't know if it's the Genoa story arc or the fact that the show is focusing more on relationships than it did in season one, but it's not hitting as well for me.  I still like it more than most shows on, I've just felt that there's been a slight quality dip.  I am glad that Jim is finally off the damn bus and Maggie wasn't in Africa long, the show works much better when all the players are in the same place.