The Newsroom

I love the show. I watch it every week at my roommate's parents' house (since we don't have HBO). The fast talking and long monologues were a little difficult to get used to, especially because of my short attention span, but don't know what I was expecting since I knew of Aaron Sorkin's involvement).

Without fail, every episode during a long Will McAvoy monologue, someone I'm watching with will say "can you believe that's the Dumb and Dumber guy?" And every week, I'm shocked all over again...

the wife and i watch it, and like it a lot. we were huge fans of studio 60, so we were pretty excited for the newsroom. i actually think it has got better and better, i didn't really dig the first episode. i felt that will mcavoy was too arrogant/rude/pretentious/etc, but as the episodes have progressed they have done a great job developing the character.

So, I started loving this show because it was so amazingly awful - in the way the worst Sorkin series can be (I'm looking at you Studio 60). Sadly, it's gotten considerably better after the dreadful Big Foot episode. So, now I don't know what to think...

That said, I do love how everyone on the show is slowly becoming a Maverick like will. Before you know it, there won't be a rule ACN won't break in the name of Edward R. Murrow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

am i the only one who absolutely hates the little blonde girl with the big face that the two producers are fighting over the whole season?

yup.  she's awesome

finished the season, this show is awesome. cant wait to see how they handle the presidental election/sequestration/Libya blahblahblah. 

• 1 month later...