CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

So... I have a confession to make and I hope you guys dont hate me for it

...I've never listened to converge. Where should I start?

I agree with everyone else, this new one is the one to start with. It took me a long while to truly understand Converge. The first time I heard them I was kinda like WTF? Even then I knew that I would eventually become a fan(atic). In some interview, Jake provided the analogy along the lines of listening to Converge is like learning a new language. Once you understand it, you live it. I am happy to have reached that point.

I agree with everyone else, this new one is the one to start with. It took me a long while to truly understand Converge. The first time I heard them I was kinda like WTF? Even then I knew that I would eventually become a fan(atic). In some interview, Jake provided the analogy along the lines of listening to Converge is like learning a new language. Once you understand it, you live it. I am happy to have reached that point.

this is my same story, and I too saw that video on Youtube. Found this analogy to be perfect. I eased my way into the metal scene when Jane Doe was their current record... I was more into bands like norma jean and underoath. when I heard JD, i was so fucking confused. I was like... "why the fuck is he shrieking like that and why can't they stick to a time signature for more than 4 measures?" i didn't like it. I didn't understand it.

fast forward to 2010; for some strange reason I decide to download "On My Shield" when I saw that it was on itleaked.

fast forward to summer 2012; I'm eating peanut butter sandwiches for a month to blow my paychecks on a complete Jane Doe collection.

Axe To Fall is the one that got me into Converge. I downloaded it and loved "Dark Horse" right away. Once I listened to the album for a while, I downloaded Jane Doe through No Heroes and listened to them all randomly. I can't remember exactly how I got to the point where I needed to buy all their records but I got there. I haven't been crazy about them since probably 2010 but I still love spinning No Heroes all the way through and every now and then You Fail Me. Been a while since I finished a full listen to ATF or JD but I'll put parts of them on now and again. Haven't listened to AWLWLB yet. Was waiting for my LP to do that and since I've waited so long now, I figure I hang in there til I get it. I have not received shipping confirmation yet.

That said, "Dark Horse" is probably a good moderate song to start with to get into them. Its not too chaotic to understand. If you like that, listen to the rest of ATF and maybe go back to You Fail Me.

Axe To Fall is the one that got me into Converge. I downloaded it and loved "Dark Horse" right away. Once I listened to the album for a while, I downloaded Jane Doe through No Heroes and listened to them all randomly. I can't remember exactly how I got to the point where I needed to buy all their records but I got there. I haven't been crazy about them since probably 2010 but I still love spinning No Heroes all the way through and every now and then You Fail Me. Been a while since I finished a full listen to ATF or JD but I'll put parts of them on now and again. Haven't listened to AWLWLB yet. Was waiting for my LP to do that and since I've waited so long now, I figure I hang in there til I get it. I have not received shipping confirmation yet.

That said, "Dark Horse" is probably a good moderate song to start with to get into them. Its not too chaotic to understand. If you like that, listen to the rest of ATF and maybe go back to You Fail Me.

Cool, thanks for the tip dude!

Looks like you can still grab the No Heroes and Axe To Fall LP's on Deathwish, Inc estore right now for $12 each.Just in case you turn out to dig those. Plus every album is there on CD if you're into that. And you can find Jane Doe and You Fail Me pretty easily online for legit prices.

Reporting live from the matrix:

Side A: Praise Tschepitz, Lord of Prague!!!

Side B: Salt

Side C: Praise Jonas, God of Wealth!!!

Side D: Salt /// Hail Monster, Protector of the Sun!!!

So did you have to order 4 LP's to get the clear copy? I ordered 3 and received the blue, red and green. Received em turbo speed on Saturday so I'm sure mine went out in the first batch of preorders so now I'm wondering if I had added one more LP to my order maybe I'd have scored a clear.

No. DW at times will throw in the extra "mystery" color to say, the first 50 orders FOR EXAMPLE. Or they will throw it in as bonus to long-time supporters of the label or family and friends of the label. So you could have ordered just three and then they'd throw in the fourth mystery color.

But you could order 6 copies and still end up with 2 of each green, red, and blue.

DW does this every once in a while as a way to be creative and also say thanks to long-time supporters and family and friends.

So did you have to order 4 LP's to get the clear copy? I ordered 3 and received the blue, red and green. Received em turbo speed on Saturday so I'm sure mine went out in the first batch of preorders so now I'm wondering if I had added one more LP to my order maybe I'd have scored a clear.

Nope. Don't over think it. :)