Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

I think Victory doesn't want the acoustic versions to come out before the SM version, and especially to be out there floating around for free. Greedy bastards.

Be honest -- Victory sucks and there is a "fuck em, let's fight fire with fire" attitude to this.

But if it wasn't Victory, would this be acceptable? No way. So you can blame them for starting it but I can't really blame them for responding when Thomas does this. 

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things. Tom Kalnoky does not do things the right way. I am a huge fan of his, but being a fan of his is harder on me than being a Brand New fan. He signed a contract. It was a bad contract, but he signed it. He won't beat them by acting like a clown. 

I think he would argue "they broke the contract, not me" (things like not paying royalties) but yeah, I'm with you in general.

I'm still concerned about the vinyl shipping on or around release day. This is a quote from the preorder page on Streetlight's website:

"You will be charged when you order the merchandise, but the actual vinyl orders will ship when they have been manufactured (which will be months after the actual release date of April 30th.)"

I guess I'll email them. 

I love how I purchased the 'mega bundle' and vinyl releases when they were announced, and since then my interest in Streetlight (which I've had since the release of Everything Goes Numb) has slowly dwindled. I really hope this album knocks my socks off, so to speak.