Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

What.

The.

FUCK.

Edit: Yeah I just double-checked. I was charged back in February for $51.25 for the vinyl bundle of Streetlight & Toh Kay's albums. I hope the Toh Kay record is just delayed and not outright canceled. I'm so pissed, I can't even imagine how they feel.

Here's a little more info: http://www.reddit.com/r/streetlightmanifesto/comments/1dcwvd/risc_has_not_shipped_any_packages_but_are_ready/

Toh Kay version news, has anyone seen this yet?

I died a little inside.

tohkay-cancelled_large.jpg

(Check the site)

First the With Any Sort of Certainty video, now it seems VR is going to completely take down the Toh Kay version. Also, from some sources (dunno if confirmed) if you ordered from RISC then the Live EP may not exist anymore :C  

By the way, all you guys should be ordering from the RISCstore. Although coloured is very tempting, I'm not really a fan of the direction Victory Records is going with the band.

What the fuck!?  This is so fucked up.  I hope Streetlight sues the shit out of them...  This label doesn't need to exist.

Sorry, last one.

FUN FACT. You can reach Tony Brummel's office phone by calling Victory Records at 312-666-8661, pressing 2 at the main menu to reach a specific person, and then 2786 for BRUM, the first few letters of his last name. After some ambient waiting music, you should reach his voicemail. Leave whatever message you feel is appropriate.

I've been away from my computer, and only using my phone for the past few days. If anyone could sling a working download to toh kay hand that thieves link to me, I'd like it A LOT.

All the links on the reddit page are deaddddd

Wow, glad I snagged it when I did. If I were more technologically savvy, I would send it your way.

As much as I appreciate the idea behind that it's pointless. Streetlight signed a contract and as shitty as that is Victory has every right to hold them to it. 500 people signing something is going to make Victory give up their legal rights.

Toh Kay version news, has anyone seen this yet?

I died a little inside.

tohkay-cancelled_large.jpg

(Check the site)

First the With Any Sort of Certainty video, now it seems VR is going to completely take down the Toh Kay version. Also, from some sources (dunno if confirmed) if you ordered from RISC then the Live EP may not exist anymore :C  

By the way, all you guys should be ordering from the RISCstore. Although coloured is very tempting, I'm not really a fan of the direction Victory Records is going with the band.

I was just about to order the bundle from this store. I ordered the colored, but don't want it anymore. I want to buy from Toh Kay directly. But their shipping was really expensive, so I hesitated.

Streetlight Manifesto announced via their facebook that: 1) They cannot legally press the Toh Kay album on vinyl, and 2) Victory is still refusing to give /sell them any copies of the album. So they are cancelling and refunding all vinyl orders.

Worst news of the year. I'm so upset, I literally screamed at my computer when I saw this. There goes an extra $40 in pre-order stuff I'll never receive (Both LPs and the Mega Bundle). If you love the band like I do, and you ordered through the RISC store, opt to not refund your money. I know the band could really use it, and I'm sure whatever Tomas sends out will be well worth it.

I don't think I will be shopping from Victory Records again. They have done this sorta thing before. Whats funny is I think they have a rep on these boards. I wonder what they think of all this backlash. They probably assume as long as they can make money somehow they have the right to be chodes. They are no major label and they need to stop acting like one. This sorta shit is worse for the music industry than pirating.

Fuck this mess. I hope they reconsider going on hiatus and give the fans a few years of pure touring and recording action. God knows we'd pay them back tenfold for it, and honestly we deserve it after so many setbacks. A Kickstarter campaign would earn them more money in 30 days than Victory ever took and now that they're off the label they could do so much more. Fuck farewell tours and cancelled albums, that just isn't Streetlight, and it isn't how I want to see them go. Whatever war they're waging they could win so much easier if they picked their battles and brought the weight of the fans to bear. /rant.