PO: Further Seems Forever - Penny Black

Finally got around to listening to this. This is NOT the Further Seems Forever that I fell in love with, which just so happened to have Chris as a frontman. The production is way too big, the guitars are way far too aggressive, the vocals are far too effect driven. Some of the songs are pretty fantastic (So Cold, Engines, Kings Canyon), and others are just awful (Staring Down the Sun, System of Symmetry, Rusted Machines). Overall, I'm glad that they're out there touring for those that never got a chance to see them years ago, but this record seems pretty forgettable.

Finally got around to listening to this. This is NOT the Further Seems Forever that I fell in love with, which just so happened to have Chris as a frontman. The production is way too big, the guitars are way far too aggressive, the vocals are far too effect driven. Some of the songs are pretty fantastic (So Cold, Engines, Kings Canyon), and others are just awful (Staring Down the Sun, System of Symmetry, Rusted Machines). Overall, I'm glad that they're out there touring for those that never got a chance to see them years ago, but this record seems pretty forgettable.

how many times have you listened to it?

Warning I am only one listen on this album, but I guess I had low expectation with all the other comments. Honestly at first listen it's not that bad. I think people fell for the hype of Chris back and expected "The Moon is Down II", I tried to not listen to it with that perspective. I've always respected the core members of FSF and there evolution as musicians. Sure a couple songs just sound like filler, but there is definitely some solid tracks on here.

this record seems pretty forgettable.

QFT. My problem/opinion with it is that it's just plain mediocre in almost every way. I've tried listening multiple times, but this is just another FSF album that won't really ever enter my listening rotation.

So many better releases that have come out this year, this is one of the bigger disappointments of 2012 for me. I wasn't expecting the Moon is Down II, but I was at least expecting some more effort to go into the band's songwriting and production. I'm sure the live show sounds awesome though, and I'm glad they know how to please a crowd with the classics.

So jealous of seeing them. How were they? Besides the amazing set.

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the clear LP and 7". Ordered.

I was at the show last night as well. I was absolutely blown away at how awesome it was. This is one of my favorite band ever, but my expectations were somewhat low. I was really just going because I'd never seen any FSF line-up live, and they are probably the most underrated in terms of guitar work.

All the dudes were super into it...not just the new songs either. You could tell that they were genuinely having an awesome time, and it showed in how they sounded. Easily one of the top two shows I have ever been to. If you have the chance to catch any date of this tour I HIGHLY suggest you do it, you won't be dissapointed.