iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

I know I sound like I'm a crazy fanboy defending Apple, but I'm really not. I just hate when people make huge deals out of things that are new only to embrace it a couple months later and love it.

no, you're right. but this is the internet. stupid people need something to complain about, otherwise they'll die from bordom. much like sharks.

So what's it behind on?

Best in class rear-facing camera? More so now, then again, no other phone can still top the 4S. The A6 chip? Hell, last year's A5 still performs better than most on the market. It's got LTE now. It's also got 5ghz Wireless. It's got HD voice capability - the only other phone on the market is the HTC EVO 4G. Still has a best-in-class LCD screen, now with better color saturation and integrated touch panel. Speaking of the touch panel, few phones offers a better touch experience as it is.

So what's it missing then, in your opinion?

NFC? Well, that's going really great for Google, right? An actual 4" screen? Okay, sure, I'll give you that. Not everybody wants a 4.6" phone, however. Maybe its not thin enough?

I'm very curious to know what its "behind-the-spec" on.

It'll be behind spec in one month when the new phones running Android come out. Apple can't upgrade cameras and network speed fast enough. NFC is a myth until we see it working on any phone and supported by stores. Long time before that happens.

It'll be behind spec in one month when the new phones running Android come out. Apple can't upgrade cameras and network speed fast enough. NFC is a myth until we see it working on any phone and supported by stores. Long time before that happens.

So your logic is: because Apple can't release a new phone every day to compete with emerging technology... they're "behind-the-spec"

I can see no fault with this argument.

You win the internets.

Let me consult urban dictionary's definition of a fanboy:

"Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions."

Yup, whole lotta that goin' on in this thread.

a few years ago, there was an argument for "who should own which device" in regards to iphones, androids, and blackberrys. today, its 100% personal preference.

why cant anyone just accept that?

nevermind. i ask that while living in a country that loves to decide presidency based on loyalty to a ghost who believes abortion, homosexuality are sins and that rich taking from the poor is a-okay.

Speaking strictly iPods - out of all of the ones and other various mp3 players I've ever owned, only one generation will always remain my all-time favorite design (out of any mp3 player):

7998301826_5b25f41c37_c.jpg

such a solid piece of machinery, you could drop that down a few flight of stairs and still enjoy your mp3's.

the new ones do look pretty cool though...why dont they make iPhones in the iPod colors? i dont even own an iphone, im sick of black and white

Classic is a gem and doesn't really need updating IMO, I think a touchscreen would be overkill on a device that demands such simplicity. I've had the 160gb for almost three years and used it pretty much every day since I got it, allows me to take my ridiculous 14,000+ song collection (which consists of mostly apple lossless or mp3@320kpbs) with me everywhere with plenty of room for more music. It's basically a device perfected, for someone like me anyway.

For the iPhone I've decided to stick with my 4 for now, solely because of the change to the lightning bolt port. Not only do I have 4 other apple products that all use the dock connector and keep chargers scattered all over the house, but I constantly forget to charge my phone overnight so when I get to work in the mornings there's a charger there that I can use to juice up. I can't ever see me carrying around some stupid gimmicky adapter when that happens, or having to move the adapter every time I go from my computer to my bed or something. Or even buying multiples for that matter, fuck all dat shit.

I may end up upgrading when the heat dies down on it, but I definitely have to try it out first to make sure the speed is worth the switch. I've been nothing but content with my 4 for well over 2 years now.