iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

I made the plunge I just reserved the 32gb iphone 5 in white from my local verizon store. The insurance on the phone cost $159 for 2 years which seems pretty steep but seeing as how it retails for over $700 it seems worth it. Sad to see my unlimited data plan go away :(

i think you're better off getting the AppleCare than the insurance through Verizon.

i think you're better off getting the AppleCare than the insurance through Verizon.

from what the sales person was telling me through Verizon you can file 3-4 claims within the 2 year protection plan. They actually give you a new phone not just a refurb unit , they will open a new iphone and transfer everything from the old phone over. Do you know what the applecare plan does with broken/damaged units?

what, you think i would actually pay for digital music?

its taken about 8 hours, and only 30% of my itunes has uploaded so far, but the fact that i can access my entire library on the go is incredible.

Depending on your router, it can take a long time. I think it's Belkin that the google music upload is horrible with.. but yeah, well worth it in the end.

from what the sales person was telling me through Verizon you can file 3-4 claims within the 2 year protection plan. They actually give you a new phone not just a refurb unit , they will open a new iphone and transfer everything from the old phone over. Do you know what the applecare plan does with broken/damaged units?

check out this link. verizons cost more and has a higher deductible.

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-5-insurance-cases-protection-2012-9

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my iPhone 5 in yesterday and I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people were saying the battery life was bad but when I got my phone home it was at 60%. I drained it completely until it died and it took me about 8 hours, that's including listening to music, face time as well as browsing the internet and download apps. Anyone know any must have apps for the phone? The first one i'm going to buy is probably a ringtone maker. I usually just stick with the free apps but I haven't seen any good free ringtone makers.

So bottom line if something happens to the phone verizon will replace it with a new one but I'd have to pay the cost of the phone again?

Yeah, they got me with that a couple of years back. It was $8 a month on my Droid. The lock button stopped working so I brought it in thinking the insurance would cover it. It didn't and the guys were really unhelpful. I went to a different store and come to find out my phone was still under a 6 month warrenty which the other guys left out. Otherwise it would have been basically the cost of my phone to replace.

Just got my iPhone 5 in yesterday and I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people were saying the battery life was bad but when I got my phone home it was at 60%. I drained it completely until it died and it took me about 8 hours, that's including listening to music, face time as well as browsing the internet and download apps. Anyone know any must have apps for the phone? The first one i'm going to buy is probably a ringtone maker. I usually just stick with the free apps but I haven't seen any good free ringtone makers.

One of the only paid apps on my last iphone was a ringtone maker. I don't remember which one it was, but it ended up being kind of a pain and had some glitches. I ended up finding instructions online to just make ringtones out of songs I had on my computer, and it was really easy. Here's some instructions in case you're interested in going that route- http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html. I think those may be the instructions I used a while back.