iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

im annoyed with the limitation of function provided by the ipod at this point. not the classic, but the touch, iphone. i feel like theres so much room for the actual music applications of these devices to act like itunes, but instead they just kind of fumble around.

why cant i edit information? artist song title album year track number.. why isnt playlisting just drag and drop? WHY CANT I QUEUE UP A SINGLE SONG WITHOUT STARTING A PLAYLIST?!

Im still iffy about this upgrade, though I'm not eligible for a discounted upgrade until December; perhaps by then there will be a jailbreak and I'll feel more confident. It is a bummer the amount of chargers, docks, etc, I have around the house, but I mostly use them for my classic anyways. As for purchasing new chargers, adapters, etc, just wait til that shit hits eBay.

2.5Gb storage? That's a ton of music I'd have to take off. Fuck that.

It's temporary storage, and frees back up after the install is complete. You can avoid this by plugging it into a computer and updating through iTunes.

The update is much more noticeable (aesthetically anyway) on the phone. I like how they made the music app look like the iPad app. Looks a lot cleaner. The url bar in the browser automatically disappears and frees up screen space and not only while typing. Also love how they no longer require you to enter your apple password every time you update an app. That was always a little inconvenient.

Just some of the stuff I've noticed so far

the only way to get passbook to do stuff is to have an app that exports something to passbook. i have a boarding pass for a plane trip tomorrow that the united airlines app (just updated) asked if i wanted to export it. you can do things like sign up for a walgreens rewards card and it'll export it.

Yeah, only a few companies are currently using it. If you click the "App Store" button at the bottom of the Passbook page it'll take you to a list of apps that work with it. None of my upcoming plane tickets will export to it - I guess that will happen once I check in for the flight. Hopefully it'll become easier and more prominent to use in the future.

However - Fuck. These. Maps.

Volume control in the lock screen doesn't match the one in the music app. Tiny detail but really sloppy, i would bet my house that wouldn't have happened if Steve Jobs was still with us.

what do you mean? i just played a song, locked it, and changed volume just as easily as always.

updated last night. aside from some color and layout changes in the music and camera app. i haven't really noticed much of a difference.

i guess 'do not disturb' is convenient.

i thought i was going to get the panoramic feature on the camera but i guess thats just for the fives?

also, since i don't have a 4s i don't get any special siri updates.