iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

Not really. It just stops all notifications and calls from coming in. Like instead of my phone vibrating every time I get a email it's silent. The notification is still there it just doesn't make an alert. It also stops calls from coming through which is awesome when you have dumb friends that drunk dial you at 4 am

ah cool

i just put my phone on silent but i guess that saves a few presses of the volume button

Even on silent it still vibrates this silences everything its great

wait on iphones there's no true "silent" option? i have both a vibrate option and a truly silent with no vibration option on my evo 4g.

background on me: android user, work with android phones in a marketing capacity. touch iphone only when my i am with my gf and usually hand it back to her going "what did i do?"

wait on iphones there's no true "silent" option? i have both a vibrate option and a truly silent with no vibration option on my evo 4g.

background on me: android user, work with android phones in a marketing capacity. touch iphone only when my i am with my gf and usually hand it back to her going "what did i do?"

there is a true silent. turn vibrate off...then flip the ringer off switch.

i am pretty sour about the new maps. i was so excited for turn by turn... but it still doesnt follow your path. its the same turn by turn as always, just larger directions really.

fortunately i still have telenav, which is basically all i need from a gps. it doesnt provide voice-over directions unless you pay for the premium version, but as long as it follows me and provides turn by turn im happy.

the new emjoii's have been a great conversation piece with this new girl im talking to. shes all about that shit, so our chats are kind of her new sketch pad.

ill take anything that keeps her talking to me!

holy shit this phone is beautiful. It feels like nothing in your hand and is thin too. The new charger is meh, much smaller, but I suppose that leaves room for other stuff. And they moved the headphone jack to the bottom which I don't like.

and the emoticons have me SO stoked. Facebook integration is also awesome

holy shit this phone is beautiful. It feels like nothing in your hand and is thin too. The new charger is meh, much smaller, but I suppose that leaves room for other stuff. And they moved the headphone jack to the bottom which I don't like.

and the emoticons have me SO stoked. Facebook integration is also awesome

the bottom headphone jack, i think i would like. whenever you put your phone into your pocket, you put top of phone in first and front facing you, so its easy to grab and ready to use. with headphone jack on bottom, you can still do that, without flipping it...i sound stupid, but does anyone else see this?

Henster, that is a valid point. Before, you had to like grab it and rearrange your hands or flip, and now the screen faces your thigh and when you pull it out of your pocket it is facing the right direction and everything.

Also, you can make custom vibrations. Not sure if this is an OS update or what but it is so sick.

What cell phone service provider are you guys using? I'm using verizon and I have had the unlimited data plan for over two years now, the guy said to me if I upgrade to an iphone 5 i will have to get rid of the unlimited data plan and do a single gb package. With my monthly discount I'm paying $85 a month for 450 minutes unlimited text and unlimited data does anyone know of any better plans with any different providers?

yeah, my friend took care of it. still not thrilled that any given person that im friends with that has an iphone could essentially have all my contact information though. it just seems way too excessive.

same friend got a 5 today, and i got a chance to play with it a bit. the only problem in judging it is that my comparisons are based solely upon experience with my 3gs. so of course its faster, but i couldnt possibly tell how much faster it is than using a 4 or 4s.