iPhone 5, iOS 6, iTunes, iPods all new

henster311

I don't remember if I said it, but custom vibrations!!!!

The iOS 6 seems to be the reason people AREN'T upgrading to an iPhone 5. I almost think Apple messed up in allowing the iOS to be available for everyone. The only real things you get from upgrading to a 5 are a lighter, longer phone with a smaller charger. Not really enough reason to spend extra money on upgrading.

What cell phone service provider are you guys using? I'm using verizon and I have had the unlimited data plan for over two years now, the guy said to me if I upgrade to an iphone 5 i will have to get rid of the unlimited data plan and do a single gb package. With my monthly discount I'm paying $85 a month for 450 minutes unlimited text and unlimited data does anyone know of any better plans with any different providers?

yeah, verizon wireless is trying to dick everyone over who has been with them for more than a couple years. ive had them for 12 years now, and in order to upgrade my phone to anything, I have to get rid of my unlimited data/450 min plan to get unlimited minutes/2 gb data plan. some months I barely use data, other months I go way over that. oh, and I never use more than 200 minutes talk because most of the people i talk with have verizon so its all free minutes anyways. I pay $89 for my plan... oh, and I cant even add my wife to my plan without losing unlimited data. we both have that right now, but if we combine our plans, we lose our data plan and HAVE to get one of the new restricted data plans. so lame... this might push me away from Verizon when I am up for an upgrade in January

I've had mine since release day. Anybody have any advice for battery life? I like the phone, but the charge is god-awful.

this is what i do on my evo 4g: task manager app (things like to run in the background), gps off unless i'm gonna use maps, keep wi-fi/bluetooth off. no idea if that will help. or maybe you got a bum battery or something

if you are on iOS 6 and hate the maps, the bing app is pretty fantastic. runs pretty much like the old google maps app. transit directions and everything, but it has a windows phone design vibe going on, which i kinda like.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bing/id345323231?mt=8 check it out (don't worry, it's free.)

i called apple, and the help guy told me that I was the first person to complain about battery life. I have to charge twice each day at minimal usage.

apparently I just need to go make an appointment at the apple store and they will replace it then and there

Do you consistently get the triangular 'GPS' icon in the top right corner of the screen? My gf's 4S was doing the same thing and her battery was constantly running down after upgrading to iOS6. My 4 wasn't doing it as much as hers, but I also noticed it on mine sometimes, even with no apps open.

I would go into Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Check which apps are able to access GPS and disable the ones you don't need. Facebook and Instagram were the ones that were killing hers, and even after closing all the apps the GPS icon still was at the top of the phone. Only after disabling location services for most of her apps did the GPS icon disappear for good and her battery went back to normal.

Personally I don't check in anywhere and don't care if my photos are tagged on a map, and the only time I use GPS is with the Maps. So I just disabled everything except the Maps and a couple others on mine.

Don't know if this is your issue, might be worth looking into though.