Nail Biting

zacaroo21

try a bandaid over one finger for a couple days at a time. this way it gives that nail a chance to grow a bit. then you move on to the next nail, while just biting the others you still have left, until youve phased it out all together.

this briefly worked for me.

so did a hand lotion that i bought for the sole purpose of keeping me from biting.

i still bite, but at least now i just kind of nibble, where i used to fucking rip my fingers to shreds, tearing off every last piece of nail and skin i could get between my teeth.

oh man, i bite mine so bad, i end up getting so low, that i get dry skin around my nails, and end up biting that, gross i know...

but anyway, i forgot the name of it, when i was little my parents put this liquid stuff on my nails, tasted horrible, super bitter, awful.

worked for a little bit, then i learned to just wash it off...

i use to have burning bleeding fingers and it just stopped around the time i turned 25 maybe.

dont know why, but it you dont want to wait for it to maybe stop all of a sudden, i heard nail

polish is often used and it tastes like crap. Also get a small nail clipper you can get on your key

chain so you can always enjoy the pleasures of manicure. make it a pride of having nice hands.

whatever way of seeing it and being constant helps you. but seriously just make sure you can

always get rid of extra length or of small dents that will make you want to bite it smoother.. it

rarely works and just end up hurting

i use to have burning bleeding fingers and it just stopped around the time i turned 25 maybe.

dont know why, but it you dont want to wait for it to maybe stop all of a sudden, i heard nail

polish is often used and it tastes like crap. Also get a small nail clipper you can get on your key

chain so you can always enjoy the pleasures of manicure. make it a pride of having nice hands.

whatever way of seeing it and being constant helps you. but seriously just make sure you can

always get rid of extra length or of small dents that will make you want to bite it smoother.. it

rarely works and just end up hurting

yeah, i have a pocket knife on my keychain with a nail file. its great to stop biting and just smooth everything out.

have someone you're around a lot tell you to stop biting your nails every time they see you doing it. most of the time when you bite you don't even realize you're doing it. Having someone point it out will help. Source: I did it for my mom, brother, and ex boyfriend. I was annoying as hell.

I can usually let mine grow pretty long and it comes in handy when peeling labels and using a touch screen at work. Then one day I'll start biting them off becasue it tastes so good or I'll be stressed out. My problem is with the skin on each fingertip and the thumbpit. I'll rip that skin off all day when I'm nervous.

I do mine as kind of a nervous habit / boredom thing. I need to be doing something with my hands so while I'm doing something tedious, I end up biting my nails. Driving is the worst.

For a while I kept a stockpile of gum and that kind of helped, but when I didn't have gum I went back to it.

I do mine as kind of a nervous habit / boredom thing. I need to be doing something with my hands so while I'm doing something tedious, I end up biting my nails. Driving is the worst.

For a while I kept a stockpile of gum and that kind of helped, but when I didn't have gum I went back to it.

keep some sunflower seeds in the car

Lifehacker has good tips;

Ken Norton kicked the habit by wrapping a rubberband around his wrist and snapping it just enough to sting when he thought about chewing on his fingernails.

Blogger deadprogrammer kicked his nail-biting habit using bitter clear polish to remind himself to stop, and a nail file to smooth away tempting jagged edges.

More recently one of the editors said on their podcast that filming himself (daily) talking for a minute or so about why he wants to stop biting his nails and the problems it causes him, than watching afterwards 'guilted' him into stopping.