PO: Beatles Box Set

yancey47

I got mine from amazon.ca this week. First I inspected all the records during the evening and found only two-three records which were obviously warped and had "no-fill" issues. I wrote to amazon.ca about it whether they could just send me the two records as a replacement individually - two hours later I got an response that they cannot do that and that they already made a new order, plus I will have to send the box back. They didnt even ask me whether I was okay with this, the wheels were already in motion (my credit card booked for the new order etc).

Now here is the catch, I live in eastern europe, so I checked that sending back the box would be at least 80 USD!, of course they would be paying for it, but thats still insane - they could of have just send me the albums individually. Secondly, I paid the customs taxes for this box set, which were 80 USD and now I have to pay the customs taxes again for the second box set.

The only "bright side" is that the next day I started to flip the records during daylight and saw that actually ALL of the records besides two had scuff marks, were warped or had "no-fill" issues. What The Fuck?

So now Im waiting for the replacement box (which for a weird reason hasnt still been shipped yet) and hope for the best. I think in the end I have to get the european pressing anyway, but thats like 100 USD more even after the customs taxes for the US version.

Anyone know a good place (besides european amazon sites and whatrecords) where I can order this for a good price? My local store is selling this for 380 euros.

edit:

Actually, Im not blaming amazon.ca for all of this, they are doing all they can, I can see that, but the quality control for this whole box set has been so bad that its insane...

The shipping situation for you may complicate things quite a bit, but it might be possible to work it to your benefit. I've done this a couple of times before. They usually say that they have to receive the original defective product back within 30 days of when the return is initiated. If the shipping happens fast enough hopefully you will get the replacement in your hands before you have to send the first one back. In that case you can hand pick the best from both boxes and if you're lucky assemble a perfect set. Then put the crap ones back in the original box and send it back. If it works, you have in effect been sent replacements for just the bad ones. Thanks Amazon.

They will charge you for the new one if they don't receive the old one back within 30 days.

Actually, in my case, they refunded the first one (it hasnt cleared yet, takes couple of days) and charged me for the new one. Im sure if they wont get the first one back in 30 days, they will charge me for it again.

I will definitely wait for the replacement to arrive, make the best available switches and then send the first one back. Though Im sure I wont find match to every record - there are too many damaged ones right now.

I honestly hate 90% of their music, especially Paul's songs. I have listened to them more than any other band and can say I do not like them nearly as much as I did when I was like 12. This probably all has to do with learning about how big of a douche John Lennon was, but still. I find most of it to be pretty bland. I don't think they are bad, but meh. I just view them as a talented boy band.