PO: The Avett Brothers - Four Thieves Gone: Robbinsville Sessions

Damn, I knew about five people who went to that show and didn't even think to ask them to grab one for me!!

Next year's show is in Raleigh so maybe I can get someone to grab a record for me... hopefully they reissue Gleam or press some other album not on vinyl and make that the exclusive.

The Avetts always have something cool & limited for their NYE shows... although it's usually just the poster. (This year Seth hand-signed each one, and all 500 were gone pretty much instantly.) 

VERY occasionally they put up limited vinyl. I'm still kicking myself that I attended the Asheville NYE show where they were selling red & silver copies of Emotionalism (250 copies) and didn't snag one. But I think that year and this one were the only two years for vinyl.

Fortunately, I was lucky enough to snag 4TG... by the skin of my teeth too. Main merch booths were both sold out when we got there at 8 PM, then I checked one of the side booths and found one with ONE copy left. As much cool Avetts stuff as I own, I can't imagine giving this one up... Methinks this is gonna wind up being insanely rare.

Avett.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

They only brought about 1/2 of the White vinyl copies to sale at the NYE show. I expect they will offer up the rest at some upcoming shows or maybe on the website. Keep your eyes open. Here is a tough one to find. They only pressed 50 of these pink vinyl.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22239047@N03/12164911405/

• 9 months later...

They just announced on Facebook that Pink & Grey pressings will go live sometime this week. However they are $100 but all proceeds go to charity's. St. Jude's for the grey and Vikki S. Honeycutt foundation for the pink.

https://www.facebook.com/theavettbrothers/posts/10152581120047663

10626792_10152581115017663_9004903057205

10365850_10152581115022663_4860378531064

http://theavettbrothers.kungfustore.com/music/four-thieves-gone-the-robbinsville-sessions-180g-deluxe-triple-lp-set-avt174-lp.html 

Looks like they pressed more black as well.  $30. Don't know the deal with the disclaimer, maybe they are using leftover jackets.

Release Date: November 23rd, 2012

Please note, jackets are not shrinkwrapped and may be slightly damaged but vinyl is in mint condition. 

http://theavettbrothers.kungfustore.com/music/four-thieves-gone-the-robbinsville-sessions-180g-deluxe-triple-lp-set-avt174-lp.html

Looks like they pressed more black as well.  $30. Don't know the deal with the disclaimer, maybe they are using leftover jackets.

Release Date: November 23rd, 2012

Please note, jackets are not shrinkwrapped and may be slightly damaged but vinyl is in mint condition. 

the way they describe it, it makes it sound more like it's not as much a repress as it is a bunch of copies that were unfit to sell (due to imperfections with the jacket i suppose) on initial release, but now that it's out of print, they can go ahead and get them into fans' hands. but who knows!

edit: $6.40 for "media mail parcel." ugh, the gall of some webstores...

• 2 weeks later...