Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

OK, Hudson Complex is a straight up guy. He's an actual friend of mine outside of the internets. I can't see him having any other motive than to make honest trades/sales and hook people up. He'd rather make a solid trade than a quick buck by scamming someone..!!?? This board is becoming a righteous soapbox. This thread seems to be an outlet for all the Wild West scammers on this board. Ruins it for those of us who are here for the right reasons. Totally bummed. :/

everything you said supports me and that guy's accustaion. that you were selling something you didn't have. you just admitted it. you admitted it genius. he even said and you quoted him as saying "admittedly doesnt actually have." so clearly he didn't jump to the conclusion you were selling something you didn't have or assumed you had it, you flat out told him you don't have it and yet you still tried to sell it to him. so in the end that guy's accustion was proven to be right and you never denied it, you admitted to it. end of story. you can't argue against the fact that you contacted someone to sell a record that you don't actually have in your hands no matter how you try to spin it.

i just think it's hilarious that you think you did nothing wrong and people will still back you even after the fact the you admitted you were selling something you don't have in your hands.

Please email [email protected] with that story.

everything you said supports me and that guy's accustaion. that you were selling something you didn't have. you just admitted it. you admitted it genius. he even said and you quoted him as saying "admittedly doesnt actually have." so clearly he didn't jump to the conclusion you were selling something you didn't have or assumed you had it, you flat out told him you don't have it and yet you still tried to sell it to him. so in the end that guy's accustion was proven to be right and you never denied it, you admitted to it. end of story. you can't argue against the fact that you contacted someone to sell a record that you don't actually have in your hands no matter how you try to spin it.

i just think it's hilarious that you think you did nothing wrong and people will still back you even after the fact the you admitted you were selling something you don't have in your hands.

What is hilarious is your nonsense. "This record is on its way to me, let's work something out for when it gets here" is not a scam. Grow up.

bearattack is a fucking nightmare to deal with. Stupid ass. He accuses people of higher than ebay prices when they're way below. Got mad at me when I wouldn't sell records to him at a "reasonable" offer, so I sold them for less to someone else, just cause hes a dumb shit.

bearattack is a fucking nightmare to deal with. Stupid ass. He accuses people of higher than ebay prices when they're way below. Got mad at me when I wouldn't sell records to him at a "reasonable" offer, so I sold them for less to someone else, just cause hes a dumb shit.

ahahaha this made me happy.

i paid Drabley for the lucero 12" + bonus 7" almost 8 months ago. repeated PMs, messages on facebook and texts have either gone completely unanswered, or he has replied with lie after lie. he has told me on 6 different occasions that he either "already sent it out" or that he "will send it out this weekend."

not sure what his problem is, but i'm sick of him being a bitch about it. i've offered MULTIPLE times to just accept a refund instead of the records. almost two months ago he replied to one of my texts saying he had just moved money into his paypal account and when it cleared, he'd finally refund me. obviously, since i'm writing this, he didn't follow through.

i know he's had plenty of successful sales/purchases/trades on this board with different people, but for whatever reason he's purposely acting like a prick to me. be wary if you want to deal with him.

wow, that takes some BALLS.

No wrong doing at all......Your calling this a scam? That makes NO sense what so ever. I can probably speak for MANY people on this board that this is done ALL the time. No difference in selling something to someone, because Hot Topic or a nearby record store has it....but have to go pick it up... I guess it's a scam to when someone is going to a show and says they will pick up some extras for people and can work something out. That's a scam? No damn difference.

...looks to me you dragging someone elses name in the mud backfired on you and now its you...your the one that no one will want to deal with now...

No wrong doing at all......Your calling this a scam? That makes NO sense what so ever. I can probably speak for MANY people on this board that this is done ALL the time. No difference in selling something to someone, because Hot Topic or a nearby record store has it....but have to go pick it up... I guess it's a scam to when someone is going to a show and says they will pick up some extras for people and can work something out. That's a scam? No damn difference.

...looks to me you dragging someone elses name in the mud backfired on you and now its you...your the one that no one will want to deal with now...

+1 ... well said sir!

• 3 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280675679818&si=WpHiakebOS56vW7nAASoHC9%252Bkwc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

^I won that auction

bleedmypassion, the seller, messaged me after I won saying that someone else had one it and he just relisted but got a payment from the original seller-trying to cancel my winning bid after the auction ended.

i'd like to believe him, but i really don't...have a feeling the auction ended at less than he expected.

I bought and paid for a Glassjaw record from "quiz" on the VC message board, never sent it and won't answer my messages or emails. He hasn't posted anything in awhile on the board but just wanted to give everyone else a heads up incase he comes back.

Thought it was funny that he mentioned this in his post, since I have heard about this guy..."sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on this. i'll let it go for $25 as long as you meet two criteria. you live in the U.S. and you don't live in Florida. i've had one asshole on here who lives in florida make offers on this record with two different accounts only to never pay. apparently im not the only one he has done this two and it seems he has been doing this for a few years on here now, just makes accounts to screw around with people and never pay. he does the same thing on ebay too, bids on things and never pays."

Also this is the email he used if he tries to make a new account or something on here: [email protected]

nycmale.

I posted in a thread that I could pick up manchester orchestra vinyl at shows, and he said he'd pay cost plus shipping. They were $20 apiece, so I PM'd him the price of $44, and he never responded. I think he found them cheaper on the webstore and bought there, but he could at least have the decency to respond to me after I voluntarily did him a favor.

I keep forgetting to check for new people...dammit...

• 2 weeks later...

jayandmarie on eBay

I've bought several CD's from them in the past but they just hit their third strike with me.

#1 - All of their listings have "Like New" as condition. In the bottom description is where you find the truth. Didn't realize this until I got a Jamiroquai CD that said, "Like New." I received the disc in a black sleeve with no markings. Obviously an old promo. It's still my fault for not reading the whole auction, but how can you put like new when it's just in a shitty beat up sleeve?

#2 - Ordered Solillaquists of Sound CD. Didn't get it for 3 weeks. Sent them an email and I got back a message saying the usual, "We pride ourselves on fast delivery. We're sure your package is on its way." Ended up opening a case and getting my money back.

#3 - Today was the last straw. Ordered Evergreen Terrace "Wolfbiker." Per usual the auction says "Like New." In the bottom listing it says, "Mint Condition!" It also says underneath that "Unless otherwise stated, your CD comes with the original artwork and covers." In previous auctions, promos were specifically labelled as promo CD's in the description.

I get it in today. It's a jewel case with no rear artwork, the disc is in the tray, and they put the promo CD sleeve in the front of the jewel case. Also, the jewel case has these shitty stickers on the spine that say, "EVERGREEN TERRACE."

Let me reiterate what the eBay definition of "Like New" is

Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections

Here's the listing. See if you can find anywhere that mentions it's another beat up promo CD poorly disguised to look like a CD in a jewel case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=310321439715&si=KKqtKhdFDYKG%252Bq%252FfF3yXv3NV%252F%252B4%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I mean fuck!

Art Damage

UPDATE: All is well.

Not so much a terrible trader/seller, but extremely non-responsive. Offered me a copy of the 2xLP of The Devil Wears Prada's Plagues/Dear Love. After a few PM's (including pictures he took of it to show minor wear), I sent him the payment on May 19th. He replied and said "Cool."

I have yet to receive the record. I have PM'd him a few times as well as e-mailing his Paypal e-mail directly asking what was going on. I haven't heard anything on here or from my e-mail. He's logged in at least every other day since (I keep checking) but hasn't posted in any threads since the PMs were sent.

Dude seems legit, I just don't know what is going on. Should I file a Paypal dispute and see if that sparks a response?

I don't think this guy is a bad dude but he hasn't responded to my last two messages and it's been 52 days (more than 7 weeks) and I still don't have my $10 grab bag. I'm just bummed because I love mystery mailers. But anyway, jordyedge, I'm still waiting dude.

Could have been a mistake on my end with shipping label, sent you an e-mail about a refund.

Really sorry about that, man!

I don't think this guy is a bad dude but he hasn't responded to my last two messages and it's been 52 days (more than 7 weeks) and I still don't have my $10 grab bag. I'm just bummed because I love mystery mailers. But anyway, jordyedge, I'm still waiting dude.

Could have been a mistake on my end with shipping label, sent you an e-mail about a refund.

Really sorry about that, man!

got a refund from you as well. what happened? i emailed you once regarding shipment of the package i paid for (just wanted to be updated) and i immediately got a refund. I was really looking forward to that victims lp :(

Art Damage

Not so much a terrible trader/seller, but extremely non-responsive. Offered me a copy of the 2xLP of The Devil Wears Prada's Plagues/Dear Love. After a few PM's (including pictures he took of it to show minor wear), I sent him the payment on May 19th. He replied and said "Cool."

I have yet to receive the record. I have PM'd him a few times as well as e-mailing his Paypal e-mail directly asking what was going on. I haven't heard anything on here or from my e-mail. He's logged in at least every other day since (I keep checking) but hasn't posted in any threads since the PMs were sent.

Dude seems legit, I just don't know what is going on. Should I file a Paypal dispute and see if that sparks a response?

To let everyone know I have got this all taken care of. I apologize to sh0ez about the lack of communication and what not. His record was sent out today along with two more records to make up for my slacking