Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Just please move on.  Regardless of whatever your first two comments were, I objectively read 4-5 comments in a row where you were being a dick. You finally topped it off with a decent post but just had to call him "Saluteyourdick" in the middle of it. Some of us come here for actual information on buyers/sellers and we don't care whether or not this dude would last in the 90s when it's now 2013. 

You don't have to keep trying to explain the situation...we all read it. Just please PM the dude if you two are still having issues.

I'm sure we would have all enjoyed the gif though.

I'm pretty sure he was just defending himself and trying to move on with his last sentence... But saying he was a dick in the situation and telling him to move on probably won't get him to shut up about it. (Just my opinion)

banewins1

this is obviously a personal preference thing for some people. when selling a record, i like to see it go somewhere for listening and be appreciated and after selling him TDAGARIM a week ago this user has it already listed on ebay.  nothing wrong with that, he can do what he wants with it, he bought it, but for those of you who like to sell to the community for a fair price (like me, because you want to see them enjoy it and get paid in the process), i highly suggest not selling to banewins1 because he will most likely flip your record.

banewins1

this is obviously a personal preference thing for some people. when selling a record, i like to see it go somewhere for listening and be appreciated and after selling him TDAGARIM a week ago this user has it already listed on ebay.  nothing wrong with that, he can do what he wants with it, he bought it, but for those of you who like to sell to the community for a fair price (like me, because you want to see them enjoy it and get paid in the process), i highly suggest not selling to banewins1 because he will most likely flip your record.

I hate people who flip records.

I fortunately have never had a really bad experience

I have however received a un-open copy of a record from someone i traded with and it was warped but the trader wouldn't have known unless he opened it before sending

but hes super cool about it and we worked something out. 

banewins1

There is always the possibility that he simply needed the money. I know I have been guilty of blowing my paycheck on records then going... oh shit, I have to pay this bill. My first inclination is to sell the items that I blew my money on. This has only happened to me once, and I ended up taking a loss. However, there is the chance that he didn't buy the record solely to flip it.

Lastly, I don't think it's fair to call him out in the "Terrible" users thread, when, by your own admission, your transaction with him went smoothly.

Having said that, I would be frustrated too. Let it be a lesson that, when selling sought after records, eBay is the best place to go.

banewins1

looks like bane did win

I would totally classify him as a terrible buyer.

Also, to everyone that has been championing "lower prices to board members" there you fucking go. I rest my case.

he's definitely not the only one who buys shit on the cheap here and then immediately tries to flip it somewhere else. that bobloblaw guy who everyone seemed to love back in the heyday of picking stuff up from hot topic for international folks was recently outed in another thread as having a flipping store. which he stocked by buying shit from people here for like $10-20 and then putting it up for sale in his store right after he got it in the mail for like $50-$60.

***UPDATE ON EDGECOREKID*** Long story.

So I dealt with this guy on Deadformat, am posting here just to give everyone a heads up about what to do to get your goods/money back (although i still dont have my money back he said he is sending me a cheque, we'll see)

He agreed to sell me a MTB record for $65 and post it to my friend in Italy, I bought the record for my friend as a surprise as I knew hed been wanting it for ages. This was paid on jauary 14th. Fast forward till now and it had not arrived, nor was it sent. Did my research on the guy and found TWO ebay accounts (one with lots of negative feedback) the other was inactive. He had advertised on this website, deadformat and another one along with several ebay listings. On deadformat several other users seemed to have been ripped off, so i started to dig dirt up on the guy. He has 5 different email addresses, I found his twitter account and with the help of another user found his Facebook profile. I contacted him on twitter that morning and by afternoon he had made a new account (which I followed and am keeping tabs on).

I sent emails to every one of his addresses. Then I noticed something weird. The paypal address he gave me was under a different name (Craig, not Blake). So I sent an email to this address as well. I got a reply that afternoon with the following:

"I'm Blake's dad. He's sending the record out tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay. "

So either he is posing as his dad, or it is his actual dad. If it is his dad, I hope he gets in some mad fucking trouble with his rents. I then finally got a reply from him on Deadformat, saying he is going to post me a cheque on March 20th for the money I paid as he cannot use the paypal at this time. A ) cashing an international cheque is going to cost ME money and is a pain in the ass, B ) it also can be uncleared if he owes any debts at any time. If it bounces I will be hounding him like no ones business through social media and email until I get my money back.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS GUY EMAIL THIS ADDRESS AND SEE IF YOU GET A RESPONSE FROM HIS 'DAD':

[email protected]

I cant claim paypal because its over 45 days, silly me for waiting. Do not do business with this user, anywhere or on any website.

Cheers

Alex

*adendum*

What really gets me is that from looking at his social media profiles, he is a big fan of all these bands I love. You feel bad enough being scammed by someone, but when it is someone who claims to love these bands as much as you do then it is a big kick in the guts. You'd think fans of non-mainstream music would look after each other and have a mutual respect. Obviously this guy does not and If myself or anyone else who has been scammed does not get what they deserve given back to them then I will go out of my way to make sure bands know this guy is a dick and trying to make profit off their music unlawfully.

My exchange with edgekids dad

Blake the Scammer

Your son seems to have several accounts he is using to scam people on the internet.  In fact, there is a good chance this account is another one, but just in case it is not, I figured I would inform you.  He has scammed people on ebay and multiple message boards.  Recently he posted a thread in a message board claiming to have lost his job and was selling his records in order to make and re-coup funds.  Regardless if he has lost his job or not, he hasn't sent many users records.  In fact, having lost a job in the past couple years, I was gracious enough to send him some money in good faith.  Was it a lot of money, no.  Was that the part that irks me, no.  However, the fact he is scamming people is wrong and know what outlets need to be taken in order for him to find himself in big trouble.  

RE: Blake the Scammer

Thanks for writing. I am Blake's dad. We are aware of the problem and have reimbursed and shipped records to those that have emailed me. It is true that he lost his job and got caught up in making transactions that he didn't follow through with. We intend to help him take responsibility for all of it.  Let me know how much you gave him and I'll get it back to you. Sorry this happened. 

I told him, it was only $10 i gave him and since he in fact lost his job, reimbursement isn't necessary.  for any of you who haven't received your records and confirmation from him, I highly suggest emailing his dad at [email protected]

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not, don't hate me...

So I traded with a guy on here... Name will stay anonymous for now.. He seemed very nice and easy to talk to and of course trust worthy. Everything was fine except until he sent the record out... He emailed me to say he sent it out and that he didn't have the tracking number yet... He said the guy at the mail store would email him with the tracking number.. This made me very paranoid and skiddish to send out my records to him. After i received that email i checked out his profile and realised he has only been a member since feb. 18th of this year. I know im pretty new too so i wanna try being cool, because everyone on here so far has welcomed me with open arms..

My question to all of you is, is this something that happens? I wanna trust him, because he seems really nice and cool, but i don't wanna get ripped off... What should i do? Should i wait and see if i receive the record or wait for the tracking number? If he is telling the truth i dont wanna make him wait longer then he needs to. Any input would be great. Thanks for reading.