Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Agreed. Which is why ebay is a little better with just a flat rate instead of fees for inserting at higher starting prices like it used to. Not saying that this was ever rampant (the market does a great job of preventing it...usually) but now there is no excuse.

The last batch of things I listed I started between 10 and 20 dollars and they were all free to list. I think it has to do with selling status and current promotions.

AVOID THIS BAD EBAY SELLER: mirrortuna

Shill bid up his own auction, then sent me this message:

---------------------------------------

Dear ebay user,

Hi, thank you for bidding on the NOFX record. I paid $80 for this record and manipulated the auction so I wouldn't lose money. After regretting what I did, I decided to restart the auction at $80.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. As a gesture of my apology, I will give a 5% discount if you win the auction.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Goodman

- mirrortuna

--------------------------------

BEWARE!!!

Isn't that Moonbeams' eBay handle? Stay classy.

I've sent adamrfox 5 PM's since February regarding a record that still hasn't turned up, no response at all.

I know how painful it is to have records get lost after sending them (which is what I am assuming happened), it happened to one I was sending to him during a trade and I refunded the balance of the shipping it cost him. it'd at least be nice to get some sort of response.

I've sent adamrfox 5 PM's since February regarding a record that still hasn't turned up, no response at all.

I know how painful it is to have records get lost after sending them (which is what I am assuming happened), it happened to one I was sending to him during a trade and I refunded the balance of the shipping it cost him. it'd at least be nice to get some sort of response.

If its the YMAEWK record, get ahold of californiaflow, he will get it straightened out.

Ridiculously hypothetical question, but if you offered a $20k new car on ebay, started it at a penny thinking the market will take care of it, and it didn't, I wouldn't expect you to follow through. 

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is, if you WON'T sell something under a certain dollar amount... just set the auction to start there. Don't jerk people around after the auction's over. Your price floor won't stop people from bidding if it's something people actually want. If nobody bids - then you're in the exact same place you would be, minus the negative feedback.

To the ebay argument, there's a little thing called a reserve. If you don't want to sell something for a certain price make it the reserve on the auction. 

If you're wild enough to start the auction at ninety-nine cents you should have to deal with it selling at whatever it brings in. People don't just use ebay because it's fun. Most people are trying to get a deal. If the seller wants a certain price and nothing less start the auction there, put a reserve there or make a fixed price buy it now. Don't entice buyers and then dip out when it doesn't fetch what you wanted it to.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that Moonbeams' eBay handle? Stay classy.

Yup that's me.

I'll tell you what I did and let you decide if I'm a bad guy.

I started an auction for $1 or $10. Then bid on it with the amount of money I desired on a relative's account to ensure I didn't lose money. Auctions that start low get more attention, period.

After getting "caught" by sleuths here, I regretted the practice and we deleted the account (it was only good in Japan, so we don't need it any longer).

Should you avoid buying from me? Well, I'll allow my feedback to answer that.

All my records are in top condition, if there are any flaws, I'll put it in the description. I usually ship next day, w/tracking. Unlike everyone else, I take great time and care taping cardboard to all the corners of my mailers to prevent corner damage. People who buy from me are happy.

Also, I give great deals, you just have to ask. The BIN prices in my current auctions adjust for eBay final value fees. Being that I shipped all my records to and from Japan, I'm not making money on any of these. Just trying to raise money to build my Misfits collection.

really hope moonbeams sees this. Can't wait to hear him chime in and see what he has to say about it

There you go.

If you want to hold this against me forever, so be it. I made a mistake and have made reparations.

There's nothing to hide here, no conspiracy, scam, etc. I just had a dishonest way of setting my prices. I'm glad I got caught, I realized what I was doing wasn't cool, and I apologized privately to all the bidders.

One guy had a bid for $5,000 on the record, so it was good thing I ended the auction.

Well, respectively, I disagree.

I understand where everyone is coming from. I left the wiki because I didn't like how I was treated. Some people were very wrong with their accusations of me and things got out of control.

I believe in the free market, but I also believe I should have control over the miminal price I sell my own stuff.

I should be banned? Really?! I could have continued the practice. I pulled the plug and apologized. What more do you want, vengeance?

The truth is that everyone who buys and trades with me is happy. I have a bad rep based off some zealot people.

I paid $80 for the record in question before shipping. That's the price I have set for the offer. I'm not ripping anyone off. I take a loss in most of my sales.

I didn't destroy anything at the wiki. I reverted the 20 hours of work I put in to how it was before I joined. I left because no one was man enough to step up insupport of me. I would get pm's all the time from great people, but in front of peers people are too embarrassed to be associated with me. So I undid my contributions and left.

Since then I have had one dealing with a formal rival and we worked things out, trading apologies with records.

I understand the hate for me here. I make weird threads, I'm an easy target.

And yes, my selling practice wasn't cool. So I did the mature thing and owned up to it. I could have denied it, I could have restarted. No, I own up to it, sincerely apologizing, I offered discounts personally to all bidders and I promise not to do it again.

So in face of all that, if you still want your vengeance go pm a mod. The evidence stands though that I never hurt anyone, nor intended anything malicious.

I'm surprised, Captain, I always liked and respected you.