Grand Theft Auto V; Ahh, Shit

I just couldn't get into the controls on the previous one imo I think san andreas was the best I understand they wanted to try something different but old controls> they can do whatever they please otherwise . I'm glad Metal gear solid ground zeroes is also coming out at some point time to dust off the ol' black box

GTA IV was too realistic for me. I couldn't get used to the feel of it and I hated driving. But then again I've never been a fan of GTA (I've only played a bit of San Andreas). Their story telling is fantastic, though. But I still much prefer Saints Row.......

V sounds really cool. Crazy that you'll be able to switch between the three main characters at any time during a mission.

I'm mainly just interested in what Easter eggs they'll have. Do you guys remember the baby stroller in IV? That shit was creepy..

so we now live in a world where pre-ordering something 13 months in advance is apparently acceptable. if this was a record people would scream.

It's not actually being released on New Year's Eve next year. It says it will be released in Q2 2013.

I'm hyped about the game. I loved GTA IV, but that was really the first GTA game that I got to play all the way through.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 319

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/vinylcol/public_html/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

GTA IV was too realistic for me. I couldn't get used to the feel of it and I hated driving. But then again I've never been a fan of GTA (I've only played a bit of San Andreas). Their story telling is fantastic, though. But I still much prefer Saints Row.......

V sounds really cool. Crazy that you'll be able to switch between the three main characters at any time during a mission.

I'm mainly just interested in what Easter eggs they'll have. Do you guys remember the baby stroller in IV? That shit was creepy..

Actually just finished up 4 today. Didn't bother with all the hidden shit (stealing cards, pigeons, stunt jumps). Just too hard to find and I didn't want to use the internet.

Agreed with a lot of the comments on 4. Not a huge fan of the controls. Definitely more realistic feel but I preferred the older games.

What's the deal with the stroller?

And Red Dead Redemption beats ALL the grand theft auto games. RDR was my favorite game of all time. I loved that you could realistically beat it 100% without a guide. I want to know I did everything.

so we now live in a world where pre-ordering something 13 months in advance is apparently acceptable. if this was a record people would scream.

Yes, we live in a world where you can pay $5 to reserve a copy of a popular game that could potentially sell out in a big city. What a shame.

CoverReg610.jpg

What we know from the GameInformer article (copied from gtav.net):

• There are 3 playable main characters. Their names are Trevor, Franklin and Michael.
  • You can switch between them at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out into the sky and then back down to the character you switched to.
  • You can switch to another playable character during missions where they work together. This happens instantly.
  • Some missions will only have one of the main characters, whereas in other missions it may be two or all three together.
  • Each one has its own personality, motivations and skillset. When you're not controlling them, their lifes continue and you may be surprised to see what situations they find themselves in when you switch back.
  • Each character has his own story arc.
  • Of the main storyline missions, there'll be several complex missions focussed on heists in style of "Three Leaf Clover" from GTAIV.
  • Some characters from GTAIV will make an appearance in V. Niko won't be one of them.
  • During research, Rockstar took over a quarter million photos this time!
  • Census information and vehicle sales data were used as a guide to depict the game world.
  • Big advances in the game's lighting model with vast increases and advances in draw distance and levels of detail.

Features:

• You can flip off other characters in the game, and see interesting results dependent on who you're flipping off.
  • Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better". It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".
  • After a hiatus in GTAIV, Ammu-Nation is back!
  • A lot of new side activities, including yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course!
  • Rockstar felt that dating wouldn't fit in this game and have stripped this feature.
  • Mobile phone will return, but friends won't be calling as often as they did in GTAIV. It will be more streamlined and used for things like emails and Internet browsing.
  • Random character encounters throughout the map, much akin to those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.
  • Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Unique World Events" make a return. Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
  • Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.

Locations:

• GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined!
  • Fully explorable Mount Chiliad
  • A military base
  • Salton Sea region
  • Wine country
  • Wilderness
  • Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline

Vehicles:

• Most vehicles in a GTA game to date, including - but not limited to:
  • BMX
  • Mountain Bikes
  • Road Bikes
  • Dirt bikes
  • Planes
  • Variety of cars and trucks
  • Helicopters
  • ATVs
  • Jet Skis

Character Profiles:

Michael

6765-character_profile_michael.jpg

• Michael is a retired bank robber, who made a deal with the FIB and is currently in the witness protection program.
  • Lives in a mansion in Rockford Hills (based on real-life Beverly Hills).
  • Married to wife Amanda, and has a teenage daughter named Tracy and teenage son Jimmy.

Trevor

6766-character_profile_trevor.jpg

• Former military pilot
  • Lives in a trailer in Blaine County (desert).
  • Used to work a few bank jobs with Michael back in the day

Franklin

6764-character_profile_franklin.jpg

• Early 20s, works at a luxury car dealership.
  • In the demo, he was driving around Vespucci Beach in his 9F (equivalent to Audi R8).

>Of the main storyline missions, there'll be several complex missions focussed on heists in style of "Three Leaf Clover" from GTAIV.

Fuck that. I hated that mission so much. I can't tell you how many times I died coming out of the subway.Tried to stay in there behind the gates once and shoot my way out, but a cop hit me point blank with a shotgun.

Yup.

flying the planes in san andreas was so awesome. also, taking a bike to the top of the mountain, riding it off the ramp and then jumping off and free-falling to death was awesome too

Hell yes to all of this. The helicopter in GTA IV was pretty badass with rockets and machine guns also.

I may need to play through IV again, I don't think I ever got to the end and beat it. Well shit, look at this conveniently placed day off work I have today...