Weezer - Pinkerton / Green Album / Make Believe (MoFi)

nyhi

This is not a mistake, "Hash Pipe" was reedited around 2005-2006, and all subsequent pressings have contained this mix.

Well, it is a mistake if MOFI is supposed to include the original material.  A lot of fans were pretty miffed about it, and I agree the original mix is superior.  As for subsequent pressings, I thought the green album only had the original large press (mostly on green) and now the MOFI?

As for subsequent pressings, I thought the green album only had the original large press (mostly on green) and now the MOFI?

You're correct, I should have specified that I meant CDs.

Also, by your standards, the Blue album is also wrong, as I believe (I could be wrong though) that it contains the radio version of Say It Ain't So.

are you sure about the blue mofi?  I'll have to double check my copies, but I could have sworn it had the original album version of Say it Ain't So.

I could have sworn it was the radio version.

The way to know for sure is to listen for feedback during the guitar-less parts of the first chorus. Feedback = radio version, Silence = Original version.

Again, I could be totally off base here, but I'm 95% sure it's the radio version on there.

• 4 months later...

I have no idea why they number these.  They don't stick to limits (nor should they).  The important thing is that these amazing sounding records are continually made available.

Agreed. I got the Blue album and it sounded so awesome I got Pinkerton. (Which I've actually begun to like more the the Blue Album finally.)

Nice to see this thread got bumped! I currently have the 4xLP edition of Pinkerton, but I've been thinking of selling it to pick up the MOFI edition. Is there anyone here who has both that could tell me if it's worth my time to do this?

I have the 4xLP and have thought of picking up the MOFI, but I'd never sell the 4xLP. Too many good bonus tracks that aren't available anywhere. Plus it's close to OOP or OOP so it'll be hard to track down in the future.