Best place to buy Pro-Ject Carbon?

What table did you upgrade to? I was looking at other tables, because I don't love the look of the Debut and would rather have something with woodgrain. Most wood tables seem to go for at least double, so I am just going to do a baby step and get this table in black and upgrade the platter to the Acryl it. Also the fact that it comes with a cartridge that most people seem to think is decent, is a plus.

I jumped up to a Rega RP3, and have a Rega Exact on it now. It's quite outstanding, and the Rega RP1 (particularly with a Bias/Performance Pack) is a great buy as well. They are a little to quite a bit more money though. Also, no wood grain. But then again, the only wood grain table I'd get is a Linn LP12. But I don't have $4K for a TT right now.

For those of you that have ordered from Insound before, how long does shipping normally take? I got an email from them saying "Your order has been processed", and "Your order is now complete", but they didn't mention anything about it being shipped. Do they send a separate email for shipping confirmation, or is it just implied in the email I already got?

Dang. I hope I don't have to wait that long. The page for the Turntable doesn't say anything about it being backordered. 

Your name and avatar. BtS are my favorite band ever.

88892-thumbs_up.jpg

Wasn't that because there was a recall on some of the turntables?

Yeah, but they are still building out their stock and the available color options create a dilemma when ordering. If you e-mail them and ask to give you whatever color is available it will significantly speed up the process. 

Also, for anyone looking B&H has the Acri-Plat in stock again. These platters have been  pretty difficult to find as of late. I just got mine for about $106 shipped and it should be here tomorrow. Here is a link for those who are interested:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853829-REG/Music_Hall_ACRI_PLAT_ACRI_PLAT_ACYLIC_PLATTER_for.html

Now if someone could point me in the direction of an affordable option for a speedbox I'd appreciate it. Last turntable related purchase for a while (at least until my needle dulls). I will report back on the changes I notice using the platter. I'm hoping this will eliminate the need to purchase a zerostat gun. 

For those of you that have ordered from Insound before, how long does shipping normally take? I got an email from them saying "Your order has been processed", and "Your order is now complete", but they didn't mention anything about it being shipped. Do they send a separate email for shipping confirmation, or is it just implied in the email I already got?

My last couple of orders from insound consisted of me getting the email that the order is complete, then the order showing up. No email stating anything had shipped and no tracking. I had to email them for tracking info.

Yeah, but they are still building out their stock and the available color options create a dilemma when ordering. If you e-mail them and ask to give you whatever color is available it will significantly speed up the process. 

Also, for anyone looking B&H has the Acri-Plat in stock again. These platters have been  pretty difficult to find as of late. I just got mine for about $106 shipped and it should be here tomorrow. Here is a link for those who are interested:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853829-REG/Music_Hall_ACRI_PLAT_ACRI_PLAT_ACYLIC_PLATTER_for.html

Now if someone could point me in the direction of an affordable option for a speedbox I'd appreciate it. Last turntable related purchase for a while (at least until my needle dulls). I will report back on the changes I notice using the platter. I'm hoping this will eliminate the need to purchase a zerostat gun. 

Is the Acri-Plat and Acryl-It the same product? I found specs for the former, but none for the latter. If they are the same exact thing, then it would have been cheaper to go with the Plat rather than the It. I guess I should have done more research before I bought the It.

My last couple of orders from insound consisted of me getting the email that the order is complete, then the order showing up. No email stating anything had shipped and no tracking. I had to email them for tracking info.

Thanks for the info. How long on average did your orders take to arrive?

I got my Acri-plat in the mail today. I played a ton of punk/hardcore 7"s , a few noisy picture discs and am halfway through the Neutral Milk Hotel box and I can say I hear a very noticeable difference in sound. The sound is much fuller and cleaner. The hiss/crackle heard from the static on the old platter is now much more subtle to non-existent. Well worth the investment for me. I would recommend it if someone is experiencing a lot of noise / static from their Carbon. The slight improvement in sound and not having to use a slipmat is nice too.  

Stayed home today from work in anticipation of my Carbon. Got it set up pretty quickly and then it wouldn't start. WTF! Then I watched a youtube video to find out the power switch is underneath the left side. It didn't mention this is the directions and I didn't see it.

I first listened to the new Nick Cave on my old Numark TT-2, then on my Carbon. They sounded pretty close, that album is pretty clean and crisp. Then I put on TGA "Handwritten" and I was blown away! I could hear nuances in the vocals that couldn't be heard before, the highs were more crisp, and the bass had a fuller sound. I still feel like my TT-2 is pretty decent, but this Carbon is a giant step up.

Thanks to everyone who has posted tips/advice, I am pretty damn happy right about now.

Stayed home today from work in anticipation of my Carbon. Got it set up pretty quickly and then it wouldn't start. WTF! Then I watched a youtube video to find out the power switch is underneath the left side. It didn't mention this is the directions and I didn't see it.

I first listened to the new Nick Cave on my old Numark TT-2, then on my Carbon. They sounded pretty close, that album is pretty clean and crisp. Then I put on TGA "Handwritten" and I was blown away! I could hear nuances in the vocals that couldn't be heard before, the highs were more crisp, and the bass had a fuller sound. I still feel like my TT-2 is pretty decent, but this Carbon is a giant step up.

Thanks to everyone who has posted tips/advice, I am pretty damn happy right about now.

Stoked to hear that! Can't wait until I get mine :)

I listened to my Hank Mobley box set by Mosaic and couldn't believe everything I was hearing. This was the best purchase I have made in a long time. It scares me that I have dipped my toes into the audiophile world though. I can never even want a $5,000 and up turntable, unless I win powerball tonight. Gotta get a ticket!

I got my Acri-plat in the mail today. I played a ton of punk/hardcore 7"s , a few noisy picture discs and am halfway through the Neutral Milk Hotel box and I can say I hear a very noticeable difference in sound. The sound is much fuller and cleaner. The hiss/crackle heard from the static on the old platter is now much more subtle to non-existent. Well worth the investment for me. I would recommend it if someone is experiencing a lot of noise / static from their Carbon. The slight improvement in sound and not having to use a slipmat is nice too.  

I ended up cancelling my order for the Acryl It and bought the Acri-Plat. Spun a couple records and didn't hear a major difference. I need to do more testing, but either way it looks a lot cooler.

The improvements in sound are subtle but still noticeable for me. It was worth it just to quiet down the crackling and eliminate most of the static held by the other platter and its shitty slipmat alone. I am interested to see the improvements with the speedbox once I have the funds.