PO: Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - AMOK

so its SOLD OUT on the XL usa website!!!!

says it was OVERSOLD yikes

I saw my local store post on facebook he needs to put his order in by wednesday, but he will be able to get a copy or two!

I knew they were gonna save some for local stores! thats good news for those of us that didnt preorder...via online

it will be $31 in store btw (at my shop at least)

Good thing you scratched out the tracking number. I totally would've hacked the system and had it re-routed to me.

I work at a third party logistics company and you can do a ton with a tracking number.  Mostly with UPS but I was just being safe.  It's more to protect the shipper than the receiver.

If a shipper has a UPS account number that they use to ship, most of the time the 6 numbers the come after the 1Z in a UPS tracking number is that account number.  There have been instances of somebody getting a hold of a tracking number and calling 1-800-CALL-UPS and tricking a customer service rep into giving them an invoice total using an account number pulled from a tracking number.

From there, you can create a MyUPS login and using only an account number, invoice number, and invoice amount you can link your MyUPS to that account and begin shipping items as a third party.  You do a few packages here and there to see if a company reviews their invoices in line item detail, and if not, you increase the volume from there.  We've had this happen to billion dollar companies many times.

So yeah, my job is boring, but that was the reason for my squiggles.  I can't think of a way you can use a USPS tracking number to do any harm, but why not, right?

And I'm also really excited to get this next week.

Guest realtalk

I work at a third party logistics company and you can do a ton with a tracking number.  Mostly with UPS but I was just being safe.  It's more to protect the shipper than the receiver.

If a shipper has a UPS account number that they use to ship, most of the time the 6 numbers the come after the 1Z in a UPS tracking number is that account number.  There have been instances of somebody getting a hold of a tracking number and calling 1-800-CALL-UPS and tricking a customer service rep into giving them an invoice total using an account number pulled from a tracking number.

From there, you can create a MyUPS login and using only an account number, invoice number, and invoice amount you can link your MyUPS to that account and begin shipping items as a third party.  You do a few packages here and there to see if a company reviews their invoices in line item detail, and if not, you increase the volume from there.  We've had this happen to billion dollar companies many times.

So yeah, my job is boring, but that was the reason for my squiggles.  I can't think of a way you can use a USPS tracking number to do any harm, but why not, right?

And I'm also really excited to get this next week.

Excellent idea, thanks for sharing!