PO: Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - AMOK

Feel pretty idiotic not going for the deluxe version now. Went for the standard edition - was somewhat followed by Amazon.co.uk's images for that edition (see pic 5: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amok-Dble-Std-LP-CD/dp/B00AIFTHIS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362233772&sr=8-5) which was clearly showing the deluxe version (easy to know in retrospect).

Just discovered this release, totally late. Havent read the whole thread yet.

I saw that amazon.ca is selling the limited edition for 36.99, but its not in stock at the moment ("Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"). What is the chance that they will get the limited edition in stock at this point?

18%

Guest deathbydrums

I saw that amazon.ca is selling the limited edition for 36.99, but its not in stock at the moment ("Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"). What is the chance that they will get the limited edition in stock at this point? 

18%

18% - nil

Only original RH press I own is The Bends... A friend picked it up for me when he was overseas. In hindsight I shoulda had him get OK Computer as well. That said... Not much difference with the reissues. And I don't think my original press goes for more than $30. Nowhere near $75.

(Actually I also own the "Newspaper Edition" of KOL. Nice 10" clear vinyl... Well worth it. Kudos to whoever found a sealed version for $40.)

Is original press worth it? Do they sound better than the represses?

not really. I have all the originals and they sound great. My buddy has some Capitol reissues, I think they sound pretty good. Maybe a little quieter than the parlaphones.

I think some of the other Capitol vault LPs were mastered somewhere else and not as good X&Y and the verve record if I'm not mistaken.

not really. I have all the originals and they sound great. My buddy has some Capitol reissues, I think they sound pretty good. Maybe a little quieter than the parlaphones.

Thanks. I have the Capital represses. I think I'm gonna look for the original presses but definitely won't be spending big bucks for them. Like I don't spend enough money on vinyl already!

Thanks. I have the Capital represses. I think I'm gonna look for the original presses but definitely won't be spending big bucks for them. Like I don't spend enough money on vinyl already!

the packaging is literally the same and sound is great on both. If I didn't chase the originals well before the reissues, I'd be perfectly happy with the reissues.

Just wondering if anyone else who ordered the deluxe edition through Sandbag still has yet to receive like myself. I never got a shipping confirmation but the charge shows up on both my PayPal account and on my bank statement as having gone through. In my account on the Sandbag site, it lists nothing for my existing orders. I guess this and overpaying is what I get for going through them. I hate being the last to get this. Anyone else still have yet to get their stuff?

Guest deathbydrums

nil.