PO: Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - AMOK

Really enjoyed this album alot, running reverse melted my mind. Although it was only my first listen, I feel I genuinely enjoyed it more than my first king of limbs listen

I enjoyed it more than TKOL on first listen too. Unfortunately subsequent listens have gone in reverse order for me. TKOL blew my mind after about the 4th listen whereas AMOK is starting to lose a little bit of my attention, the more I hear it. I still think its a pretty great album though. Just not on TKOL's level anymore, IMO.

I enjoyed it more than TKOL on first listen too. Unfortunately subsequent listens have gone in reverse order for me. TKOL blew my mind after about the 4th listen whereas AMOK is starting to lose a little bit of my attention, the more I hear it. I still think its a pretty great album though. Just not on TKOL's level anymore, IMO.

I am feeling that this might happen too.

After a few listens through this album is wonderful.  I connect with it immediately, unlike the last few Radiohead albums which took a few listens to get warm up to.  Might be my favorite Radiohead related thing since Kid A.

So you didn't like "In Rainbows"? Or do you just like this more?

So you didn't like "In Rainbows"? Or do you just like this more?

I LOVE In Rainbows, but it took a few listens for me to fully appreciate it.  It has one of my favorite Radiohead songs in general on it (All I Need).  I never really got to that level with TKOL, though.  I like it, but it's not their best.  I just took to AMOK instantly, which makes me wonder if me liking it so much will last, as people above have mentioned.

Exactly how I feel.   I feel a little bad having to compare this to Radiohead stuff because in theory it should be "different" but it's hard to separate the two.

I know what you're saying.  I think Thom has such a distinct voice it's tough to separate anything he's singing on.

I know it's been said, but the packaging on the deluxe version of this is incredible.  I opened the thing and thought "damn this is awesome, but no way there's gonna be a lyrics insert."  I was wrong.  I'm a sucker for lyrics inserts.

Exactly how I feel. I feel a little bad having to compare this to Radiohead stuff because in theory it should be "different" but it's hard to separate the two.

A lot of AMOK is just an extension of TKOL, musically. Yorke basically asked Flea to pretend he was Colin Greenwood on the album, haha. Subtract the genius of Johnny Greenwood and this is basically just a Radiohead-lite album.

A lot of AMOK is just an extension of TKOL, musically. Yorke basically asked Flea to pretend he was Colin Greenwood on the album, haha. Subtract the genius of Johnny Greenwood and this is basically just a Radiohead-lite album.

I know that is probably a joke, but you're almost right. AMOK is actually an extension of The Eraser and Yorke basically asked Flea to play the part of a real bassist.

I know that is probably a joke, but you're almost right. AMOK is actually an extension of The Eraser and Yorke basically asked Flea to play the part of a real bassist.

I agree, I think its an extension of both Eraser and TKOL. I dont see a new concept unearthed with this album from Yorke. Not that I need innovation to enhance my listening experience at all, just a general comment on the album.

Also understand, I had not heard a single not from AFP before this album so I basically went into it with complete ignorance on how this was going to sound.