im trying to figure out what to get one of my brothers for Christmas. my girlfriend and I came up with the idea of getting him a "care package" of sorts. He is leaving the states to start an internship this coming semester in France via his university, Ohio State. I am hoping some of you may be able to help. Im trying to think of things I can get for him that he may need/want. She already has some outlet adapters and some other small things she is giving to him for Christmas. any ideas/help is much appreciated.

From the little bit I know Peanut butter is hard to find over there, and when it is obtainable it's dramatically worse.  Also things like shampoos and soaps and deoderant are much more expensive over there and are stronger.  Again no first hand knowledge about that, just what I've heard from others.

Buy an extra large Memory card.  Maybe get him a journal and put in some random photos and write him a couple notes in there so he has some surprises while he going through it. 

From the little bit I know Peanut butter is hard to find over there, and when it is obtainable it's dramatically worse.  Also things like shampoos and soaps and deoderant are much more expensive over there and are stronger.  Again no first hand knowledge about that, just what I've heard from others.

Buy an extra large Memory card.  Maybe get him a journal and put in some random photos and write him a couple notes in there so he has some surprises while he going through it. 

Good advice

What is with ebayers these days, does no on leave feedback anymore? I think for the last 50 or so items I've sold, I've only got 5 or 6 feedback for and roughly the same from other sellers as a buyer.

What is with ebayers these days, does no on leave feedback anymore? I think for the last 50 or so items I've sold, I've only got 5 or 6 feedback for and roughly the same from other sellers as a buyer.

A lot of sellers I have dealt with lately will not leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback.  

I just looked at my student loan information for the first time, I think I'm going to cry.

This is typical, I racked up 27k by the end of it. Of course I was working full time and supporting my wife and 2 kids through college so it could have been a lot worse.

In the end just make sure you can find a job that you love, makes the pain a little more bearable

This is typical, I racked up 27k by the end of it. Of course I was working full time and supporting my wife and 2 kids through college so it could have been a lot worse.

In the end just make sure you can find a job that you love, makes the pain a little more bearable

Yeah, I have to call the school tomorrow because they're trying to get more money out of me...when I had so many scholarships to start with. I don't even take out living expenses. I've done everything I could to cut down in loans, yet the number is still strangely high. 

Working on that job I love part, my part time job is actually nice but it doesn't quite pay the bills. 

Money is stupid. 

A lot of sellers I have dealt with lately will not leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback.  

I always leave feedback once I get the item as a buyer, and as a seller I usually do it once I receive payment. I guess I need to switch it up until I get it.

I just dropped $10 worth of chicken breast onto my floor, which is covered with nasty salt from outside. I am an idiot and pissed that I had to throw it away. I'm not sure what to make for dinner tomorrow now. It's freezing rain out now, so I'd go buy more.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic