I guess it could be worse. I'm just missing the connection, all my best friends are in different states now and I feel so far away from them even when we talk on the phone.

Queen Bey said it best: " I love my husband, but it is nothing like a conversation with a woman that understands you. I grow so much from those conversations."

It's weird. I'm a flight attendant. I have no problem making conversation with people I don't know but when it comes to being like.... Can we hang out sometime? It just doesn't feel right and I get all shy. Especially when I'm trying to make girl friends. I don't want them to think I'm hitting on them.

It's weird. I'm a flight attendant. I have no problem making conversation with people I don't know but when it comes to being like.... Can we hang out sometime? It just doesn't feel right and I get all shy. Especially when I'm trying to make girl friends. I don't want them to think I'm hitting on them.

I'm the same way. But my shyness about asking/making girl friends is because of my anxiety about not being liked or saying the wrong thing or being too boring, etc. It really debilitates me socially.

It took me quite a while to build up a group of friends after I moved.  I think it's just harder when you get older.  Fortunately, my current group of friends are REALLY social, so I meet plenty of people through them.  They do all the leg work :)

I guess it could be worse. I'm just missing the connection, all my best friends are in different states now and I feel so far away from them even when we talk on the phone.

Queen Bey said it best: " I love my husband, but it is nothing like a conversation with a woman that understands you. I grow so much from those conversations."

Girl, I've been in the same boat. All my best friends live in different states and finding my place here hasn't been the easiest transition. I think it takes a couple years to really find a nice group, if you're brand new.

Luckily I had a friend here and most of my best girlfriends have come to visit. Moving definitely had its ups and downs.

Same. I don't know how to take a casual friend and make her a hangout friend. It's like asking a dude out.

I do get along great with them, they all act like my mother honestly, old women have always taken to me haha :)

But they don't want to go shopping... or to record swaps or punk shows.

Good point lol. I don't have anyone who will do that stuff with me. It bums me out but I'll go alone :(

Why can't we live close!?!?!

No, an engineering firm.

Hey, me too!

Also, I'm right there with you girls on making friends. After college all my friends moved and I stayed. Whenever I go to concerts I always think about just talking to some girls there, but I'm almost positive that that would just be really weird and they'd think I'm hitting them or something. You can't just start a conversation at a show and say 'hey can I get your number? Let's hang out some time!'

I received a record today. I requested in the comments "Can you ship the record outside of the jacket?". I got it today, with the record outside of the sleeve; inside the jacket.

wat

That reminds me of when I preordered a record from a big box store and I sent them an email to ask how they ship - I wanted to make sure it didn't ship in a bubble mailer.

The first time they replied with this:

"Your order will be shipped once this release date has been reached.  As you have chosen ‘standard’ shipping as opposed to ‘courier’ shipping, the delivery isn’t tracked."

Then I replied and said no, I know the shipping method I chose when I ordered, but what will the record be physically shipped in? I want to make sure it arrives in tact. They replied with:

"The records are sent out in a cardboard vinyl sleeve."

....What the fuck.

Hey, me too!

Also, I'm right there with you girls on making friends. After college all my friends moved and I stayed. Whenever I go to concerts I always think about just talking to some girls there, but I'm almost positive that that would just be really weird and they'd think I'm hitting them or something. You can't just start a conversation at a show and say 'hey can I get your number? Let's hang out some time!'

No wayyyyy what is your position there/what do you do?

I think as we get older, it is harder to make/keep friends, but that's just my opinion.  I live in a major college town, am 10-15 yrs older than the majority of the students naturally, and I knew it would be hard when I first moved here 6 yrs ago.  My main focus is anything having to deal w music, and the one person I knew when I came here was/is still stuck on going out all the time, drinking.  I can't keep up w the guy.  (I can, but choose not to)  Luckily, I met up w a lot of musicians here early, and a photog that hits up a lot of shows/festivals, and they keep me sane.  My photog buddy is such an introvert, and w me being fairly outgoing, we pair nicely.  All the friends I had growing up have married, and have kids, and being an hour away makes it hard.  I'm not a FB guy, I just use it for bands/labels/tours, so I was forced fairly early on to just go and meet people here.  Although, this town being a college town, we get a lot of music acts/bands.  Made the transition easier, for sure.

My job just installed a new payroll software company wide and it has officially screwed up everyone's paycheck. Sigh...

I had a job that would get them sent from corporate and sometimes they'd arrive late (usually due to holidays).  The company would just end up paying us out in cash, it was annoying (but better than not getting paid at all).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic