That is kind of sad. I think I'd lose my shit still living with my parents and I'm only 22. Do you have any idea why they're still living with their parents?

Geez, I'd love rent to only be $200. That's close to the cost of utilities a month.

For sure. I'm barely making any rent off them at that price after the extra electricity, water, and little shit that adds up (cleaning supplies, TP, etc...).

I think they are just cheap, though. $200 > $0.

But at some point, you gotta say "fuck it, I'm moving out". It is never cheaper to live on your own than with your parents so price can't be the motivating factor.

I just don't get it. It's a little bit insulting to offer your friends the best deal on housing they will ever find in their life (a better deal than buying their own house) and they don't take you up on it. Whatever, though.

You will get another chance to see Say Anything. 

I am wary to ever say this about a band in this scene, haha.  A bunch of years ago my boyfriend at the time made the executive decision for us to not see The Early November because, and I quote, "it's not like they're going anywhere," was his reasoning.

We all know what happened next.

It's not so painful anymore since they're back together, but I will never say that and risk jinxing myself or those around me, lol.

Probably too late but I've heard of Say Anything, never heard of Chvrches. Assuming they are a much smaller band.

See the smaller band -- You will get another chance to see Say Anything. Much higher risk that the other one calls it quits and you never get another chance.

Not too late, shows' are in june so.

btw this is chvrches:

[

The Fuji X series has some hits and misses for sure. When the X100 first came out we saw a lot of firmware issues and loss of clarity/sharpness when compared to the Olympus PEN series and some other bridge cameras. I don't know too much about the X100s. Hopefully they fixed all the bugs. The favorite of the X series would have to be the X10. Takes great pictures, but the lens isn't interchangeable.

I know what you mean about not touching your digital camera for a while, haha. Film is fun. I've been using my moms Canon 2000N with my digital lenses just because its film and not necessarily a great camera, haha.

Thanks for checking out some of my work! I shoot Canon mostly. I have a 5D Mark II as my primary camera. I also have an AE-1 for film. That camera was my mother's from 1979, haha. Then I use her automatic film camera sometimes, and I also have an Olympus E-P2 and XZ-1 for walk around purposes. I had a Mamiya 645AF, but I sold it.

Apparently the auto-focus issues have been fixed with the X100s. I'm not buying one anytime soon, but it is nice to daydream haha.

Very nice selection! If my Minolta XG-1 turns out to be dead I might look into getting an AE-1/P.

well. it IS the small talk thread, so its legit to post it here too.

heres the body with lens:

That Hasselblad is a beauty. I always wanted a Rolleiflex.

Apparently the auto-focus issues have been fixed with the X100s. I'm not buying one anytime soon, but it is nice to daydream haha.

Very nice selection! If my Minolta XG-1 turns out to be dead I might look into getting an AE-1/P.

That's good to hear.  It would be awfully silly of them to put out a new camera and not sort out the bugs, lol.

I totally recommend the AE-1 or the AE-1 Program!  Those models are rock solid, super reliable.  I only have a standard 50mm f/1.8 FD lens on mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's good to hear.  It would be awfully silly of them to put out a new camera and not sort out the bugs, lol.

I totally recommend the AE-1 or the AE-1 Program!  Those models are rock solid, super reliable.  I only have a standard 50mm f/1.8 FD lens on mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, I don't think I've read one bad thing about the AE-1 and it is apparently one of the best SLRs to own, along with a Pentax K1000.

I am wary to ever say this about a band in this scene, haha.  A bunch of years ago my boyfriend at the time made the executive decision for us to not see The Early November because, and I quote, "it's not like they're going anywhere," was his reasoning.

We all know what happened next.

It's not so painful anymore since they're back together, but I will never say that and risk jinxing myself or those around me, lol.

Well they are playing the entire warped tour this year.

And it isn't like you couldn't see ace about twice a year while the band was on hiatus. 

Yeah, I don't think I've read one bad thing about the AE-1 and it is apparently one of the best SLRs to own, along with a Pentax K1000.

It's true! And the best part is that Canon made a LOT of AE-1s and Pentax made a LOT of K1000s, so they're both easy to come by used and in great condition for not a lot of money.

Well they are playing the entire warped tour this year.

And it isn't like you couldn't see ace about twice a year while the band was on hiatus. 

Yeah I know, haha.  Besides, in the years between the TEN hiatus and now I've come to know Ace & Jen fairly well and have worked with him during the push for his Gold Rush record, amongst other things.  My friend & I are actually photographing his sister's wedding this summer.

That story about skipping out on seeing them right before the hiatus was more of a superstition thing than anything else.

I'm having a show delima as well:

Menzingers/Restorations tour vs Front Bottoms/Weatherbox

I've seen Menzingers and Fake Problems twice in the last 6 or so months, but would love to see them again, plus the other bands on the bill I haven't seen and am looking forward to. I was originally choosing to see Menzingers, but once I saw that Weatherbox was playing with Front Bottoms I couldn't really decide.

OKAY SO 2 BANDS I LIKE ARE IN TOWN ON THE SAME NIGHT!

WHAT DO I DO I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM BEFORE!

THE BANDS ARE: 'Chvrches' and 'Say Anything'

ALSO I MISSED SAY ANYTHING IN OCTOBER, AND THIS IS CHVRCHES FIRST SHOW HERE

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!1?

I would say Say Anything, but just because Eisley is with them and they are amazing live.

I'm having a show delima as well:

Menzingers/Restorations tour vs Front Bottoms/Weatherbox

I've seen Menzingers and Fake Problems twice in the last 6 or so months, but would love to see them again, plus the other bands on the bill I haven't seen and am looking forward to. I was originally choosing to see Menzingers, but once I saw that Weatherbox was playing with Front Bottoms I couldn't really decide.

Always pick The Front Bottoms.

It's weird that people are having these dilemmas because I am as well.  It's between Motion City Soundtrack or Now, Now.  I've already seen MCS twice and they're going to be on warped tour, and Now, Now is on their co-headlining tour so I'm going to see them.  Stoked on it.

I would say Say Anything, but just because Eisley is with them and they are amazing live.

Always pick The Front Bottoms.

It's weird that people are having these dilemmas because I am as well.  It's between Motion City Soundtrack or Now, Now.  I've already seen MCS twice and they're going to be on warped tour, and Now, Now is on their co-headlining tour so I'm going to see them.  Stoked on it.

I saw The Front Bottoms put on a mindblowing set at Meltdown and thought no one could top it. Best time I've seen them out of four.

The Menzingers came out an hour later and blew them away.

They're on tour see if your area is on the map: https://www.facebook.com/CHVRCHES/app_123966167614127

Because obviously I'm not tracking tour dates of groups I like right?!?!

TeenageEric, skip both shows and buy a Black Flag record.

lol

Met the dude from Touche Amore at a record store in burbank. I was walking in wearing a Taken shirt and he complimented me on it. I wasn't sure if it was him since i'm not the biggest fan, but he told me about how they were expanding the punk/hardcore section of the store. Seemed pretty nice, when i was about to leave i was gonna talk to him about the band but i guess he went on break.

Which store? He works there?

It's weird that people are having these dilemmas because I am as well.

Right here. Menzingers vs Cheap Girls/Diamond Youth. I'm probably going to catch the latter solely for Diamond Youth.

I just found out Luther is playing here next week and couldn't be happier. I passed on their last show and ive kicked myself since.

Right here. Menzingers vs Cheap Girls/Diamond Youth. I'm probably going to catch the latter solely for Diamond Youth.

I just found out Luther is playing here next week and couldn't be happier. I passed on their last show and ive kicked myself since.

Luther guys are great guys. Upset I'm missing their show next week on my birthday.

OKAY SO 2 BANDS I LIKE ARE IN TOWN ON THE SAME NIGHT!

WHAT DO I DO I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM BEFORE!

THE BANDS ARE: 'Chvrches' and 'Say Anything'

ALSO I MISSED SAY ANYTHING IN OCTOBER, AND THIS IS CHVRCHES FIRST SHOW HERE

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!1?

Go see Chvrches, they're coming from Scottland to play for you and who know's when they will be back. Also by the time they come back they could be way bigger then they are now. And I hear they're really good live. Im going to see them when they come to MN myself. And its probably cheaper than Say Anything so you can save your mom some money..

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic