We've gotten 2 noise complaints, usually when we have people over. the apartment next to ours has small children, so I really felt like an asshole and have tried to keep it under control since then.

if someone complains about your shit being too loud it's probably because it is. listen to music at a comfortable level, it's common courtesy when you live in close quarters.

Has anyone here received their MBA? I am at work right now and I have a very strong desire to quit and go back to school. I signed up for a profile so I can take the GMAT. The site says it takes two days to process, if nothing has changed in those two days I'll be signing up to take the test and I'll start studying the next day.

We've gotten 2 noise complaints, usually when we have people over. the apartment next to ours has small children, so I really felt like an asshole and have tried to keep it under control since then.

if someone complains about your shit being too loud it's probably because it is. listen to music at a comfortable level, it's common courtesy when you live in close quarters.

We got 3 noise complaints in a month not too long ago. The first one was probably warranted since my roommates were being loud as fuck playing cards at like midnight during the week. The second one happened at 2 AM when we were all in bed asleep. The third one happened at 8 PM because we were walking around our apartment. The people below us had a baby apparently and must have been crazy. They moved out right after the third one because I guess they couldn't handle living around other people.

I've lived in my current apartment for about a year and a half now with zero noise complaints up until last month.  This is after numerous parties, loud music, etc etc.  Turns out my neighbor (who is also a pretty rad dude) has just started a new job super early in the morning.  His complaint was my subwoofer, so I turned the bass down and he's been cool since.  No complaints on the music front. 

The only noise complain I've ever gotten was when I lived in a house with 5 other dudes. We were jamming in the basement and apparently left a window open and a house through our backyard called the cops.

I accidentally gave the lady cop who showed up the bird through our big bay window facing the front porch thinking it was one of my other roommates returning from the store.

That was a fun one to explain...

Just got a new car today, well new to me. It's a 2011 Hyundai Elantra and it is in amazing condition. It's the first new car I have ever gotten outside of the hand me down piece of crap I have been driving for the last ten years. It's a really good feeling to drive around a vehicle that is worth more than 700 bucks.

Fucking noise complaints.  I hate living in my apartment, but I don't want to move and give my neighbor the satisfaction.  I've been in the same place for more than 10 years.  I've gotten along with everyone except the woman who live above me.  The first few years were ok, until I started being a dick to her church friends that try and drop off religious pamphlets at my apartment and knock on the door trying to spread the word of lord.

Since then I get 2-10 complaints a month.  Mostly noise, but it's any and everything.  My favorite is when I had my last girlfriend I didn't sleep at my place for 3 months and still I would get noise complaints for watching TV late at night, or stomping my feet when I get home from work.  I wasn't even stopping at my apartment after work I was going straight to the lady friends so I caught her just making shit up.  The apartment managers just let me know every couple months how many complaints shes made.

Honestly I try to be as quiet as possible.  My TV is placed to be 2 arms lengths from where I typically sit.  I rarely listen to music and when I do it is beyond quiet.  I almost never have guests, haven't had anyone over to my apartment since my last girlfriend.  I'm a bit of a crazy person, but a fucking quiet crazy person.

Has anyone here received their MBA? I am at work right now and I have a very strong desire to quit and go back to school. I signed up for a profile so I can take the GMAT. The site says it takes two days to process, if nothing has changed in those two days I'll be signing up to take the test and I'll start studying the next day.

So i registered to take the test. Time to start studying and saving up for grad school.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic