That's awesome. You're gunna get some great stuff from that little camera.

I've always wanted something compact like that. I've always had my eye set on buying a Yashica T4 Super D at some point.

Well, I was hoping to get a GR1v, but mint ones on eBay were way too expensive and this GR1s and looks pretty much new. Now I have a reason to stop being a lazy arsehole and take pictures, ha ha.

Yashica T4 is a nice camera, rather affordable too! It kind of reminds me of a Contax T2. 

I still have to troubleshoot my Minolta...fun times ahead to be had.

Well, I was hoping to get a GR1v, but mint ones on eBay were way too expensive and this GR1s and looks pretty much new. Now I have a reason to stop being a lazy arsehole and take pictures, ha ha.

Yashica T4 is a nice camera, rather affordable too! It kind of reminds me of a Contax T2. 

I still have to troubleshoot my Minolta...fun times ahead to be had.

Yeah it's real similar to the T2.  I used to work in a camera shop and people would go crazy whenever we'd get a T2 in used.  I wanted to buy it myself but my bosses never let me because they were always in such high demand.

Do you only shoot on film?

I love test shooting cameras, haha.  Have fun!

Met the dude from Touche Amore at a record store in burbank. I was walking in wearing a Taken shirt and he complimented me on it. I wasn't sure if it was him since i'm not the biggest fan, but he told me about how they were expanding the punk/hardcore section of the store. Seemed pretty nice, when i was about to leave i was gonna talk to him about the band but i guess he went on break. 

Yeah it's real similar to the T2.  I used to work in a camera shop and people would go crazy whenever we'd get a T2 in used.  I wanted to buy it myself but my bosses never let me because they were always in such high demand.

Do you only shoot on film?

I love test shooting cameras, haha.  Have fun!

Oh awesome! That sucks about your boss being a Nazi though. 

Nah, I have a Nikon D40x, but I haven't touched it in quite some time, pretty much since I got my first few rolls of film developed. The Fujifilm X100/s looks like a different, but nice digital camera.

What camera(s) do you use? You have some fantastic shots.

Oh awesome! That sucks about your boss being a Nazi though.

Nah, I have a Nikon D40x, but I haven't touched it in quite some time, pretty much since I got my first few rolls of film developed. The Fujifilm X100/s looks like a different, but nice digital camera.

What camera(s) do you use? You have some fantastic shots.

The Fuji X series has some hits and misses for sure. When the X100 first came out we saw a lot of firmware issues and loss of clarity/sharpness when compared to the Olympus PEN series and some other bridge cameras. I don't know too much about the X100s. Hopefully they fixed all the bugs. The favorite of the X series would have to be the X10. Takes great pictures, but the lens isn't interchangeable.

I know what you mean about not touching your digital camera for a while, haha. Film is fun. I've been using my moms Canon 2000N with my digital lenses just because its film and not necessarily a great camera, haha.

Thanks for checking out some of my work! I shoot Canon mostly. I have a 5D Mark II as my primary camera. I also have an AE-1 for film. That camera was my mother's from 1979, haha. Then I use her automatic film camera sometimes, and I also have an Olympus E-P2 and XZ-1 for walk around purposes. I had a Mamiya 645AF, but I sold it.

i miss being in school....having the lab whenever i wanted it, processing and developing film was a lot of fun, and an easy way to rack up the mandatory lab hours. i havent shot film in a long time, ive been wanting to get back into it. i still shoot a lot, all digital. 

also at my school we could also develop color film which was cool but hard to get down, well for me.

i have it done locally. there are like 2 places left in the city that do it...and also sell my film.

i should post some sample b&w's ive taken with it.

came with two lenses, my gpa used it when he shot for magazines back in the 60's.

Definitely post some, I'd like to see them.  There's probably a photography sharing thread buried somewhere around here.  Maybe we should dig it up.

That is totally awesome that the camera has been passed down and has a history in journalism during a time that is held in such high regard for so many reasons.

i miss being in school....having the lab whenever i wanted it, processing and developing film was a lot of fun, and an easy way to rack up the mandatory lab hours. i havent shot film in a long time, ive been wanting to get back into it. i still shoot a lot, all digital. 

also at my school we could also develop color film which was cool but hard to get down, well for me.

Same here.  There are some people I follow on Tumblr who are in school for photo presently and all of their updates make me miss college so much.

Where did you go to school?  It wasn't mandatory for us to develop the C-41 or E-6 on our own, but we had the option to if we wanted.  I once went on a hunt all over Philadelphia to find distilled water at the only 24 hour Rite-Aid this side of UPenn, lol.  Just for the damn color developer.  My college has a Colex printer, also, with a full color darkroom.  That was my favorite place to be on slow weeks.

Definitely post some, I'd like to see them.  There's probably a photography sharing thread buried somewhere around here.  Maybe we should dig it up.

That is totally awesome that the camera has been passed down and has a history in journalism during a time that is held in such high regard for so many reasons.

Same here.  There are some people I follow on Tumblr who are in school for photo presently and all of their updates make me miss college so much.

Where did you go to school?  It wasn't mandatory for us to develop the C-41 or E-6 on our own, but we had the option to if we wanted.  I once went on a hunt all over Philadelphia to find distilled water at the only 24 hour Rite-Aid this side of UPenn, lol.  Just for the damn color developer.  My college has a Colex printer, also, with a full color darkroom.  That was my favorite place to be on slow weeks.

haha awesome, im pretty sure there is a law against processing color film in MA because the chemicals are way more toxic than b&w. we had this machine, i forgot  what it was called but you develop your photo and place it the lightbox and then slip it into the machine. oh my god i hate the filters, add magenta, take away 2 stops...some people have an eye for processing color film. i still had a lot of fun though. it was hard the first few times, being in complete darkness, you have your easel set up and straight, then you bump it, ahhh fuck. 

i went to the New England School of Photography (NESOP) in Boston, MA. I graduated with a major in photojournalism and a minor in fine art: color. I know i miss school sooo much. im also in crazy debt now. I would love to go back. or just sit in. im still very close to my pj teacher and still do work with him and shoot the shit, which is awesome because he's helped me so much. 

funny story, when i first took intro to color, which was film and just learning everything about color. i hated the teacher and she hated me. she was really young, probably only 5 years older than me at the time, so we were similar and would know how to piss each other off when it came to discussion. she passed me with a D. figured she didnt want me in her class ever again...one day I asked her a question about a photo I took for pj, her response was just awesome. haha, it totally seemed like she understood everything I always had trouble conveying in photos or describing in words. after that we were the best of friends. ended up taking her class for my minor. i got shit from everyone too, because i hated her and i hated color.

this was my first shot with the hassy. a few years back. focusing is TOUGH on these bad boys. keeping a steady hand was too.

ill try to find the photography thread, but heres my first one: (these are all scanned from negatives a color corrected by me....so not a true representation)

1430_104244365471_707_n_zps267ccaf1.jpg

haha awesome, im pretty sure there is a law against processing color film in MA because the chemicals are way more toxic than b&w. we had this machine, i forgot  what it was called but you develop your photo and place it the lightbox and then slip it into the machine. oh my god i hate the filters, add magenta, take away 2 stops...some people have an eye for processing color film. i still had a lot of fun though. it was hard the first few times, being in complete darkness, you have your easel set up and straight, then you bump it, ahhh fuck. 

i went to the New England School of Photography (NESOP) in Boston, MA. I graduated with a major in photojournalism and a minor in fine art: color. I know i miss school sooo much. im also in crazy debt now. I would love to go back. or just sit in. im still very close to my pj teacher and still do work with him and shoot the shit, which is awesome because he's helped me so much. 

funny story, when i first took intro to color, which was film and just learning everything about color. i hated the teacher and she hated me. she was really young, probably only 5 years older than me at the time, so we were similar and would know how to piss each other off when it came to discussion. she passed me with a D. figured she didnt want me in her class ever again...one day I asked her a question about a photo I took for pj, her response was just awesome. haha, it totally seemed like she understood everything I always had trouble conveying in photos or describing in words. after that we were the best of friends. ended up taking her class for my minor. i got shit from everyone too, because i hated her and i hated color.

It sounds like what you're describing for developing a color photo is a Colex processor. (I just Googled your school and "colex" and it came up, actually, haha.)  I'm super thankful that my school (I went to the University of the Arts in center city Philadelphia) offered color.  Just being in the color darkroom for one semester taught me so much about color theory and conquering the dreaded color filters and when to add 5 yellow or remove 3 magenta, haha. My instructor taught me something extremely important that semester.  I was struggling with a particular photo and I asked him what he thought was off about the color and the tones and he said, without even looking at it, "Add 20 magenta."  I was confused because in the past he had just glanced at people's photos and rattled off the exact change that needed to be done in order to balance it properly... so I asked "20? Isn't that way off?" and he's like "I don't know, but if you go too far, you can always pull it back in."

I don't think he realized how much that single statement, which seems so obvious to me now, impacted the entirety of everything I've done since that day.  I owe a lot to him for that but I never told him because he was such a troll to me and everyone else every other day of my time there, lol.

That's totally awesome about your instructor who you had mutual hate for and are now cool with eachother.  After attending a specialty school like that, I've learned that students like us gain something unique with our instructors that a lot of other students in the world don't get to experience because of the medium and the art.  None of my instructors were actual diploma bearing "teachers."  They were all professional photographers working in the field who took to teaching out of experience and for the love of expanding the abilities of students.

this was my first shot with the hassy. a few years back. focusing is TOUGH on these bad boys. keeping a steady hand was too.

ill try to find the photography thread, but heres my first one: (these are all scanned from negatives a color corrected by me....so not a true representation)

1430_104244365471_707_n_zps267ccaf1.jpg

Love that square format, haha.

I'm not sure how frequently (if ever) you get the camera serviced, but having the focusing screen cleaned can help with the brightness and ultimately help you focus easier.  Also, look into a prism finder if you don't already use one.  That makes the whole process of framing and focusing so much easier.

Man that camera is so pretty.  Making me regret selling my Mamiya now, lol.

At what age would you say it is "ridiculous" to still live at home (someone who never left, not someone who say went to school, came home, and lived with their parents until they paid off debts)?

I my two best friends are both 27 and have never lived outside their parents house. It's gotta be getting close to ridiculous if not there already. I offered them both a room for $200 a month (no utilities, just $200 flat) and neither took me up on it. Either retarded or cheap.

At what age would you say it is "ridiculous" to still live at home (someone who never left, not someone who say went to school, came home, and lived with their parents until they paid off debts)?

I my two best friends are both 27 and have never lived outside their parents house. It's gotta be getting close to ridiculous if not there already. I offered them both a room for $200 a month (no utilities, just $200 flat) and neither took me up on it. Either retarded or cheap.

That is kind of sad. I think I'd lose my shit still living with my parents and I'm only 22. Do you have any idea why they're still living with their parents?

Geez, I'd love rent to only be $200. That's close to the cost of utilities a month.

So, I have a site counter for my tumblr (because I like to creep on who's creepin' on me) and I've noticed that the dude I used to like has been looking at it almost daily. Decided today would be a fun time to mess with him and post an old photo of him on there because I know he won't talk to me. Dude looked through every page of my tumblr like 4 times today. Psycho much?

So, I have a site counter for my tumblr (because I like to creep on who's creepin' on me) and I've noticed that the dude I used to like has been looking at it almost daily. Decided today would be a fun time to mess with him and post an old photo of him on there because I know he won't talk to me. Dude looked through every page of my tumblr like 4 times today. Psycho much?

Just a lot of creepin going on from both parties.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic