my dad decided to text me today to tell me my grandma fell on easter sunday. she's 93. i guess she's been in pain since then, so today they got her checked out again and found out she broke her pelvis. so she's in the hospital now. i'm not sure what bothers me more, that she's hurt or that my dad waited until now to tell me that anything happened.

I'm trying to figure out how to start a band with 0 talent

I know a few people who have done it. I think they spend more time 'networking' than anything else. They definitely aren't spending any time practicing, that's for sure. They just keep chipping away at the social networking thing and constantly plugging their 'band' (I use that term very loosely). 7 years later they have ~300 fb 'likes' which is not bad, all things considered. You should hear the shit.

my dad decided to text me today to tell me my grandma fell on easter sunday. she's 93. i guess she's been in pain since then, so today they got her checked out again and found out she broke her pelvis. so she's in the hospital now. i'm not sure what bothers me more, that she's hurt or that my dad waited until now to tell me that anything happened.

stephhh : ((((

You can change it before 200 posts ya know.

i didn't know that. if it's true i haven't been able to figure it out in my past few attempts haha

it has a message that says i need 127 more approved posts first (assuming this is my 73rd post now. i'm on mobile and don't feel like checking my actual post count.)

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that =\

I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Did you ask your father why he waited to tell you?

stephhh : ((((

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that =\

I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Did you ask your father why he waited to tell you?

i already know the answer, because that's just how my dad is. he just doesn't think about that stuff. anyway i got my aunt's number so i can text her for updates (my grandma lives with her). aunt barb said she has an appetite and is "sassy" so that's a good sign. three more days in the hospital and then they are gonna figure out rehab.

i mean she's 93 so it's always in the back of my head that the end is coming whether i want it to or not. but she'd already been having trouble with her mobility, and a broken pelvis is not going to help with that. the good news is that my aunts/dad/uncles had gotten her into the YMCA pool weekly to help strengthen her legs and stuff, and i guess she really likes that, so i'm hoping she'll be able to continue with that asap.

i already know the answer, because that's just how my dad is. he just doesn't think about that stuff. anyway i got my aunt's number so i can text her for updates (my grandma lives with her). aunt barb said she has an appetite and is "sassy" so that's a good sign. three more days in the hospital and then they are gonna figure out rehab.

i mean she's 93 so it's always in the back of my head that the end is coming whether i want it to or not. but she'd already been having trouble with her mobility, and a broken pelvis is not going to help with that. the good news is that my aunts/dad/uncles had gotten her into the YMCA pool weekly to help strengthen her legs and stuff, and i guess she really likes that, so i'm hoping she'll be able to continue with that asap.

Sassy is definitely a good sign!  That's good that you will be able to keep in touch with your aunt throughout her recovery.

I always wake up with a new bruise, today features one on my left shin and another on my left foot. What the hell do I do in my sleep? I am known to sleepwalk...so.

Set up motion sensored cameras! Try to catch yourself in the act, haha.  But, if you find out that you aren't sleepwalking, make an appointment to get blood drawn ASAP.

The contestant, Christine, is blind, and Gordon Ramsay, lets her know exactly what he thinks of her dish by using her other senses to describe the pie.

Also I'm crying over pie.

..... hmmm. thanks for sharing that eric. i watched hells kitchen religiously first 4 seasons. ramsey's a bad ass. so this looks like it's a show called master chef? da fuq is that? i would be curious to watch a blind woman's progress as a chef. fill nicky in.

Set up motion sensored cameras! Try to catch yourself in the act, haha.  But, if you find out that you aren't sleepwalking, make an appointment to get blood drawn ASAP.

No thanks! If some Paranormal Activity shit is happening to me in my sleep/a ghost is molesting my limbs, I don't want to know about it. Nice knowin' ya VC. I probably have low iron or deficient in some vitamin, so maybe I should go get some blood work done.

i want sushi

I hear you, I could go some asparagus and avocado rolls right about now.

Gordon Ramsey made a blind girl cry.

Gordon Ramsey is an asshole.

When I saw that video I kind of wanted him to rip into her like he did that French guy in Kitchen Nightmares USA, but then I saw it was MasterChef...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic