There is something in my office that sets my allergies off the second I get to work.  I have terrible allergies but I've been keeping control of them pretty well lately with shots & 4 different prescription meds, so it's making me super angry that I come here for 9+ hours out of my day and spend it sneezing.

I can go home or anywhere else and I'm fine. Ugh.

IS IT PEOPLE'S FUCKING PERFUME AND SHIT? BECAUSE FUCKING CHRIST, PEOPLE AT MY JOB FUCKING DRENCH THEMSELVES IN THAT SHIT AND IT BOTHERS MY ALLERGIES SOMETHING FIERCE AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING WEARING PERFUME AND SHIT BECAUSE WE HAVE A FUCKING POLICY AGAINST IT FOR THE VERY REASON THAT IT AGITATES PEOPLE'S ALLERGIES AND FUUUUUUUUUUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHGGHRHGHHHRRRGGRGHHGHRHGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

I didn't want to start a new thread solely for this, so here will do. 

So as it turns out, Cory Montheit of GLEE died of an alcohol and heroin overdose. It was known that he had substance abuse "issues" for years. In my mind, he was basically a junkie. What bothers is how people all over social media and even the media itself, expresses their shock and "Oh my god I can't believe he died" surprise. 

So because he was in the public eye, a junkie's death is more shocking and surprising? I don't get it. 

So as it turns out, Cory Montheit of GLEE died of an alcohol and heroin overdose. It was known that he had substance abuse "issues" for years. In my mind, he was basically a junkie. What bothers is how people all over social media and even the media itself, expresses their shock and "Oh my god I can't believe he died" surprise. 

So because he was in the public eye, a junkie's death is more shocking and surprising? I don't get it. 

I just think it was because he was only 31 that shocks people and it was so sudden he even recently checked into rehab so he was trying. The shock was because he was so young, and had so much ahead of him.

I think it has to do with the fact that he was a "functioning addict." Nobody knew or suspected he had a problem until he came out with it & went to rehab.

Exactly this. The only reason I knew was through my friends, so I just believe that his substance abuse wasn't as well known due to him being a less popular celebrity.

Doesn't have to do with his celebrity. Unsuspecting addicts (who are not famous) shock people (on a much lesser scale) all the time due to the fact that they require the drug to live day to day life and they appear normal.

I don't consider those types "junkies," but that's just me.

I am also not a sympathizer. I just had the misfortune of dating a guy while his family unraveled due to his father coming out as a heroin addict and none of us suspected it. Some months later he met the same fate as Cory.

well that chick from third rock to the sun who is apparently still relevant said it was no surprise to her.

for real though, i wouldn't wish addiction on my worst enemy. i know people have varying opinions including don't put that shit in your body to begin with, but come on, tell that to a teenager (he was 13 when he started with drugs right)....and think they are really going to hear you and stop thinking they are invincible...nah.

People just love to attach themselves to tragedy. Not sure any other way to put it. The other reason being that they just get a thrill out of being the first person in their social circle to announce that a celebrity (or pseudo-celebrity) has died, like they are some beat reporter trolling the hospitals.

Just my rule of thumb, but if I can go a month of my time without that person's name being in my mind (a beastie boy, Whitney Houston, James Gandolfini, obviously some dude I've never heard of from Glee) then I don't feel like their death warrants any time from me. I'm not saying "these stories should not be reported", only that I can read the title of the story on yahoo and extract all the info I need (ie, this celebrity died). The details aren't worth my time.

for real though, i wouldn't wish addiction on my worst enemy. i know people have varying opinions including don't put that shit in your body to begin with, but come on, tell that to a teenager (he was 13 when he started with drugs right)....and think they are really going to hear you and stop thinking they are invincible...nah.

Addiction is never anything short of heartbreaking.

My neighbor upstairs is a phantom I swear.  I've never seen them before, I don't know how many people live up there, but there can be weeks at a time where we don't hear ANYTHING up there, but then we'll hear them stomping around like they're square dancing or something bizarre.

How can they be so silent some weeks, then all of a sudden we can hear every footstep they make?

No me gusta.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic