Oddly enough, it's Dog.

I'm gonna carry this over to the pet thread later. Probably. Or not. I just buried him and now I have to go to work.

Fuck man, my thoughts are with you.

Zac, my grampa (RIP...best dude ever) used to live in Superior, WI. Lived right on Lake Superior near that big ass freighter they turned into a museum with the mini golf course in front of it on that island.

Hope you know what I'm talking about. Wish I could go back there one time. No one left that I know. Used to drive (think it was an entire day, like 6 am to 10 pm) and stay up there for a week every summer. Loved it up there.

Zac, my grampa (RIP...best dude ever) used to live in Superior, WI. Lived right on Lake Superior near that big ass freighter they turned into a museum with the mini golf course in front of it on that island.

Hope you know what I'm talking about. Wish I could go back there one time. No one left that I know. Used to drive (think it was an entire day, like 6 am to 10 pm) and stay up there for a week every summer. Loved it up there.

Yeah dude!! I love this area so much - I grew up in a twin cities suburb so having actual nature and shit is the tits. If you ever need a place to crash if you do visit again I've got you covered!

I've been reading HLN's website every day for the play by plays. At first I was pissed at how Rachel Jeantel was treated.  I felt like she was telling them exactly what she knew, but they were just tossing her around and playing games with her to try to catch her in lies.  Her information is VERY important but I feel like nobody is taking it seriously.

But as the proceedings went on, I was pretty sure I was okay with Zimmerman acting on self defense... until the closing arguments started.  Now I am hoping the jury comes back with a guilty sentence.  I know this is intentional, but every time they show Zimmerman in the courtroom I just feel bad for him.  I feel like his body language reads regret all over.  Then I remember that he claims he wouldn't have done anything different had he been given a second chance, so they I go right back to hoping that guilty verdict comes out.

Ugh. Rad's right.  The whole thing is fucked.  I feel so, so bad for Trayvon and his family.

I'm not really that into the Stand your Ground law, in the sense that it seems like a real regressive, Wild West way to keep the peace. But I understand the rationalization for it and agree it has some usefulness in areas.

I don't really understand how you can follow someone in a car, then exit the car and confront someone and claim to be standing your ground, provided that is what happened, but I haven't watched any trial so I don't really have a more qualified opinion.

Yeah dude!! I love this area so much - I grew up in a twin cities suburb so having actual nature and shit is the tits. If you ever need a place to crash if you do visit again I've got you covered!

Thanks. I'm guessing if I ever make it back there it would be more of a family thing but I'll keep it in mind.

My condolences, Steven. Losing a pet sucks.

-----------------

How did this sneak past everybody at the station. Did nobody proof read this?

Saw this on gawker. Aside from the fact these names are racially insensitive, I find it hilarious that KTVU really thinks they got these names from the NTSB.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic