This was somebody's graphic design project the band's not even real I want this so  bad look at the full set:

http://linaforsgren.com/filter/all/Astropol-Heart-That-Breaks

DSC_1497_900.jpg

damn, that's cool.  Song names, lyrics, solid concept album.  Someone should make a band around this concept so it can actually be released, haha.  The songs would have to be long for a 2xLP to make sense, which could be cool/unusual given the lyrics.

damn, that's cool.  Song names, lyrics, solid concept album.  Someone should make a band around this concept so it can actually be released, haha.  The songs would have to be long for a 2xLP to make sense, which could be cool/unusual given the lyrics.

I know, I was think along the lines of Beach House meets Baths, really solid atmospheric dream pop.  Also those sleves are sick

My dog superman dove off the seawall in my backyard and into the canal. Lake Saint Clair is really low and there is a good 6 feet probably from the ground to the water. She was flapping around frantically. I had to jump in, push her up into my boat, then I grabbed her collar from the seawall and pulled her up.

She was fucking nasty and covered in muck. My canal is not anything anyone would ever want to step foot in. Hosed her off and gave her a bath inside.

Really hope she learned her lesson and never does that again. Otherwise I'm going to have to put a fence up. Still have the mental image of her mid-air and stretched out before she dove about 6 feet. Cracks me up when I think about it.

I go right-to-left but that feels wrong for some reason.

Yeah left-to-right makes sense, but right-to-left also makes sense in a different way: like leafing through a crate, or browsing at a record store turned on its side. When they go alphabetical front-to-back, rotate it 90 degrees and it's right-to-left.

Does anyone have any clue how to tell if there is any kind of screen capturing software on a PC?

I ask because last week out IT guy came in while my boss was talking about one of the Engineers here who is slacking off. He chimed in and said there's a software that one could buy and it will take a photo of the screen every 5 minutes and store it onto a hard drive. My boss seemed really keen on it, but he mentioned only installing it on the one Engineer's machine.

Fast forward to this morning, I come into work to find my desk rearranged and the IT guy's login username was set as the default on my computer. So I'm a little weirded out that this software is now on my machine. I don't like the idea of spying on people, so I would like to at least know if I'm being monitored.

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/19/windows/productivity/automatically-capture-screenshots-at-regular-intervals-of-time.html

I could write code that would do this in about 5 minutes as well. It's a really simple idea.

Probably the best way to find out would be to search your computer for all the typical picture file types (.jpg, .png, .pdf, probably a couple more). Click on any suspicious pictures to see if they are automatic screen captures.

It wouldn't be that hard to take a screen shot, automatically send it to a server, then delete it locally on a computer. Is it likely? I doubt it. Sounds like you boss is just trying to catch a slacker, not run some complicated spying program.

Another option (assuming windows) would be to do a control / alt / delete, click on the "processes" tab, and look for anything suspicious. Google the process name (ie, googling iexplorer.exe would provide the information "this is internet explorer"). Can't guarantee anything but it could lead to discovery of a program like you mentioned.

Does anyone have any clue how to tell if there is any kind of screen capturing software on a PC?

I ask because last week out IT guy came in while my boss was talking about one of the Engineers here who is slacking off. He chimed in and said there's a software that one could buy and it will take a photo of the screen every 5 minutes and store it onto a hard drive. My boss seemed really keen on it, but he mentioned only installing it on the one Engineer's machine.

Fast forward to this morning, I come into work to find my desk rearranged and the IT guy's login username was set as the default on my computer. So I'm a little weirded out that this software is now on my machine. I don't like the idea of spying on people, so I would like to at least know if I'm being monitored.

Isn't this a pretty common thing now? Kind of unsettling huh.

I know my brother's work computer is monitored, but he does recruiting for government jobs, so I can understand that. I work for a small family owned company, so mine isn't.

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/19/windows/productivity/automatically-capture-screenshots-at-regular-intervals-of-time.html

I could write code that would do this in about 5 minutes as well. It's a really simple idea.

Probably the best way to find out would be to search your computer for all the typical picture file types (.jpg, .png, .pdf, probably a couple more). Click on any suspicious pictures to see if they are automatic screen captures.

It wouldn't be that hard to take a screen shot, automatically send it to a server, then delete it locally on a computer. Is it likely? I doubt it. Sounds like you boss is just trying to catch a slacker, not run some complicated spying program.

Thank you for the tip. I did check my computer for newly created jpg, png, gif, & pdf files since this AM and didn't see anything. I do know that if he was doing this, the files would be sent to another server. My boss is crazy about the servers. Our IT guy is a friend of my boss so he hooks him up with free server space, so nothing is off limits as far as what he can do with the network and all that.

But it looks as though I may be in the clear. I just don't like the idea of any of that monitoring stuff that goes on these days. There's no trust.

Another option (assuming windows) would be to do a control / alt / delete, click on the "processes" tab, and look for anything suspicious. Google the process name (ie, googling iexplorer.exe would provide the information "this is internet explorer"). Can't guarantee anything but it could lead to discovery of a program like you mentioned.

I'll try that, thank you!

& Madie- yeah I've heard more and more lately about companies doing this sort of thing. I didn't think I had anything to worry about because I work for a small family owned business, but my boss just wants to have the most security for everything. Which is kind of crazy because we don't have anything to hide. We're a civil engineering firm. We don't do anything super confidential lol.

Sidenote- Last night a girl I follow on instagram (who runs a jimmy eat world fansite) posted a screencap of her eBay mobile account... she paid $240 for a Futures LP.

She had also just bought the clarity reissue for over $100

It took everything in me not to comment and tell her how unintelligent of a move that was.

Sidenote- Last night a girl I follow on instagram (who runs a jimmy eat world fansite) posted a screencap of her eBay mobile account... she paid $240 for a Futures LP.

She had also just bought the clarity reissue for over $100

It took everything in me not to comment and tell her how unintelligent of a move that was.

I am on the quest to find Futures as well, but would never pay over $100 for it. I lucked out and got the Clarity reissue when they had leftovers from their 10 year anniversary tour for that album

I am on the quest to find Futures as well, but would never pay over $100 for it. I lucked out and got the Clarity reissue when they had leftovers from their 10 year anniversary tour for that album

It appears Futures is going to be repressed for the 10 year anniversary.

I'd expect this girl to know this since she runs a fansite, haha.

Futures Demos > the actual album.

His dog superman-dove. Not his dog, superman, dove.

Yep. Her name is Fergie. Not my choice, came with the dog. I thought of trying to change it to "Miggy" thinking that as long as it ended with "Gee" on the end she would understand but just left it alone.

I wish I had taken a pic of her in there. I had this quick debate in my head over whether it was cruel to leave her in there while I ran upstairs in my place to grab my phone and decided to just get her out.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic