This is my last week of work before I get to use vacation time for the first time since January 4, 2012 and it starts with the person we just hired as my assistant calling out when I specifically asked her to pull 40 hours this week because of the workload I've had to deal with lately.

I'm trying not to spend every waking moment in this office this week.  My relatives are coming for Thanksgiving and I need to get my apartment ready for guests.  This does not help. =\

This is my last week of work before I get to use vacation time for the first time since January 4, 2012 and it starts with the person we just hired as my assistant calling out when I specifically asked her to pull 40 hours this week because of the workload I've had to deal with lately.

I'm trying not to spend every waking moment in this office this week.  My relatives are coming for Thanksgiving and I need to get my apartment ready for guests.  This does not help. =\

I hate when people pull that. You give them the opportunity to have a decent job and they reward you with calling off. BS

know what i hate? my department has 3 of us. two have to be here at the same time. all three of us have many vaca days to burn by end of the year. while i was in a meeting, the other two took every monday and friday off until january.

and on friday both went home sick and i was left to put out the fires.

so burnt out its sickening.

but F those assholes for doing that.

know what i hate? my department has 3 of us. two have to be here at the same time. all three of us have many vaca days to burn by end of the year. while i was in a meeting, the other two took every monday and friday off until january.

That's complete shit. Reminds me of that scene from Harold and Kumar

I hate when people pull that. You give them the opportunity to have a decent job and they reward you with calling off. BS

Yeah I know. =\  She said she pulled her back out on Saturday, but waited until 8:30 this morning to call in when she was scheduled for 8:00?  Idk, it seems weird.  I asked her if she was going to see a doctor and she went on about how she's not on her husband's health insurance policy yet because he's under a probation period at his new job.  So I don't know if she's not coming in at all this week until she sees a doctor? Or if she's waiting to be put on the policy? Idk, but it sounds to me like I have a lot more work to do this week than I had planned on...

That's not cool at all.  Have they been working there longer than you?  How can they both take off Mon & Fri when 2 people need to be there at once?

I hear you on the burnt out bit.  I've been feeling that way as well lately.

Yeah I know. =\  She said she pulled her back out on Saturday, but waited until 8:30 this morning to call in when she was scheduled for 8:00?  Idk, it seems weird.  I asked her if she was going to see a doctor and she went on about how she's not on her husband's health insurance policy yet because he's under a probation period at his new job.  So I don't know if she's not coming in at all this week until she sees a doctor? Or if she's waiting to be put on the policy? Idk, but it sounds to me like I have a lot more work to do this week than I had planned on...

Hmm strange. I don't know how other companies do it, but where I work you were automatically enrolled into benefits after 30 days

I believe most jobs (especially unionized jobs) have a probationary period of anywhere between 3-6 months.  Idk what her husband is doing for work, but it seemed like a normal amount of time.  But I just don't know what she plans to do before coming into work again.  Or when she's planning on coming in again. =\  It just leaves me with more to do because everyone around here just dumps things on me and point to me for things when they should be taking responsibility and following through on something.  I'm just nervous this gal will follow suit with that. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic