Billy, i respectfully and civilly would like to start a dialogue about this statement. I do not understand how that whole situation makes it seem as tho anyone has superiority complexes towards new members. And I am curious what your point of view is/why you're so upset.

1. Someone has 2 accounts

2. Someone else notices this fact

3. points it out

4. the first person denies this

5. 2nd person presents proof

6. 1st person still denies

????

7. 2nd person has superiority complex

I've got to agree with Nicky on this one.  I've been on other forums where people have pulled this double account business while denying it.  The people of the forum tend to feel negatively towards this because, yes this is the internet, but people do make friends by means of message boards.  We don't need anyone lying to eachother Catfish style.

Billy, i respectfully and civilly would like to start a dialogue about this statement. I do not understand how that whole situation makes it seem as tho anyone has superiority complexes towards new members. And I am curious what your point of view is/why you're so upset.

1. Someone has 2 accounts

2. Someone else notices this fact

3. points it out

4. the first person denies this

5. 2nd person presents proof

6. 1st person still denies

????

7. 2nd person has superiority complex

As I said several times in that thread, the person who apparently has two accounts wasn't using them to scam people, perhaps she was using them because someone (perhaps the very person who called her out for having two accounts) had been crappy to her before and she wanted a clean slate. Posting someone's personal stuff (even if they do delete it and then post a woe is me post acknowledging that they deleted it rather than just deleting it and moving on) is not cool. I don't know/care what the deal with having two accounts is/was/whatever. I just think that it is stupid that it all started because someone posted a meme. They didn't post a dumb n00b post. They didn't do anything that warranted once again having their name dragged through the mud by someone who thinks perhaps a bit too highly of themself. 

I don't particularly care, but at the moment I am kind of glued to a computer for reasons that I would rather not disclose, and while trying to read up on a thread that was supposed to be about an album I am awaiting in the mail, I really didn't think it was cool to do something like that to someone. Especially when other people joined in on it. I don't care about kissing ass, if people are going to start trouble I will call it how I see it.

I've got to agree with Nicky on this one.  I've been on other forums where people have pulled this double account business while denying it.  The people of the forum tend to feel negatively towards this because, yes this is the internet, but people do make friends by means of message boards.  We don't need anyone lying to eachother Catfish style.

We also don't need a group of users pulling the "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US"  Mean Girls shit either. I stopped posting because i literally couldn't participate on the forum without being attacked. If other people have made second accounts because people bullied them out of their first one, then good for them. I didn't because I'd rather set a record for most downvotes while still getting all the info on vinyl that I want.

We also don't need a group of users pulling the "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US"  Mean Girls shit either. I stopped posting because i literally couldn't participate on the forum without being attacked. If other people have made second accounts because people bullied them out of their first one, then good for them. I didn't because I'd rather set a record for most downvotes while still getting all the info on vinyl that I want.

We don't need you following Madie into every thread she posts in just so you can say the same things over and over.  It was already determined that your IP matches that other account.  So from here you can admit it, say that you made it because you didn't want to be attacked (which I agree isn't fair to begin with, I just have a personal issue with people lying on the internet and pretending you are someone you aren't), own up to it and just move on.  Nothing is going to get better if you keep pushing things in the direction you're pushing them in.

As I said several times in that thread, the person who apparently has two accounts wasn't using them to scam people, perhaps she was using them because someone (perhaps the very person who called her out for having two accounts) had been crappy to her before and she wanted a clean slate. Posting someone's personal stuff (even if they do delete it and then post a woe is me post acknowledging that they deleted it rather than just deleting it and moving on) is not cool. I don't know/care what the deal with having two accounts is/was/whatever. I just think that it is stupid that it all started because someone posted a meme. They didn't post a dumb n00b post. They didn't do anything that warranted once again having their name dragged through the mud by someone who thinks perhaps a bit too highly of themself. 

I don't particularly care, but at the moment I am kind of glued to a computer for reasons that I would rather not disclose, and while trying to read up on a thread that was supposed to be about an album I am awaiting in the mail, I really didn't think it was cool to do something like that to someone. Especially when other people joined in on it. I don't care about kissing ass, if people are going to start trouble I will call it how I see it.

i think i understand your train of thought up until the "this person may think too highly of themself" bit. I'm sorry i just do not understand what that has to do with this or how you arrived at that conclusion. I'm willing to accept that i'm just not gonna get it and we do not need to further that discussion. agree to disagree.

i do understand that her personal profile being posted kind of set you off... it is however debatable under the ole tried and true "once you post it on the internet it's there forever" rule of thumb, that she did originally provide the forum with that link so it isn't completely outrageous that madie posted it.... she showed it to us before herself.

I appreciate you engaging in a conversation with me about it without any sarcasm or hostility.

i am gonna say i don't 100% get how this turned into Madie vs Lahispute. If i remember correctly, everrryyyyonnnne gave this gal crap as soon as she joined. I don't recall Madie being any worse than anyone else up until she called her our for having 2 accounts earlier.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic