Look at my fucking final project for my computer class.

final_zps24eb91f5.jpg

I am so pumped, i also have to make a flyer advertising my store, a powerpoint presentation advertising my store, an excel worksheet with my sales from the specific genres, and an access database.

unbelievable good luck.

this is the best final exam I've ever seen

i went to school for Music Industry and we didnt even have projects this cool

I somehow got wrangled into finding Christmas gifts for two families. One of them wants me to find a Gamecube and some games, and the other wants and Xbox 360 and some games. The Xbox shouldn't be too hard, but I've been trying to find Gamecube games everywhere. I've been to probably 7 stores, and none of them have had more than five games, and they're almost all sports. Finding reasonably priced games on Ebay/Amazon is a joke. Most of the good Mario games are around $30. When did these games become so hard to find?

what stores have you tried?

Gamestop generally has a decent collection of Gamecube games even still for a good price, or you can try Goodwill/Savers/Salvation Army or even generic thrift shops. The ones Ive been to usually have at least a couple

what stores have you tried?

Gamestop generally has a decent collection of Gamecube games even still for a good price, or you can try Goodwill/Savers/Salvation Army or even generic thrift shops. The ones Ive been to usually have at least a couple

I went to Gamestop today. They didn't even have any games on the floor. One of my friends was working there and I asked him if they had any. He pulled out a few games (all without cases). They were all sports games. I checked four pawn shops and came away with two games, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and Starfox Assault. Two of the four pawn shops didn't even have any GC games. I also tried a thrift store to no luck. 

I went to Gamestop today. They didn't even have any games on the floor. One of my friends was working there and I asked him if they had any. He pulled out a few games (all without cases). They were all sports games. I checked four pawn shops and came away with two games, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and Starfox Assault. Two of the four pawn shops didn't even have any GC games. I also tried a thrift store to no luck. 

Gamestop's website has Animal Crossing for $5.99 http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/animal-crossing/22271

They also have Harvest Moon for $9.99 which is kinda similar.

You could always just grab Super Smash Bros Melee and be done. Thats all any kid with a Gamecube needs

Generally the best place to go for old games is a third party video game shop. We have a couple small chains around here (SEPA). They can't compete with GameStop so they carry huge selections from everything back to NES and especially PSX for some reason.

yea i used to go to Game X Change in Connecticut a lot, too bad they dont have an online store

it was the best/only place to get N64 and NES games

I vote third party game store. We have a place called CGX (console game exchange). I just searched it and only found TX locations but they have an entire wall dedicated to just NES, SNES and N64 games, and sell all the consoles + combo consoles. It's great. Found their ebay, but a pretty small game cube game selection. :(

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=console-game-exchange-online&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgame+cube&_nkw=game+cube&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Good luck, bud.

Gamestop's website has Animal Crossing for $5.99 http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/animal-crossing/22271

They also have Harvest Moon for $9.99 which is kinda similar.

You could always just grab Super Smash Bros Melee and be done. Thats all any kid with a Gamecube needs

Both of those show "not available". Thanks though!

I vote third party game store. We have a place called CGX (console game exchange). I just searched it and only found TX locations but they have an entire wall dedicated to just NES, SNES and N64 games, and sell all the consoles + combo consoles. It's great. Found their ebay, but a pretty small game cube game selection. :(

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=console-game-exchange-online&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgame+cube&_nkw=game+cube&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Good luck, bud.

I passed a store like that on my way to a doctor's appointment today. I've never been there, so I planned to check it out tomorrow. I might have to venture further into Salt Lake to find some independant stores. Thanks for all the help, guys. Upvotes for everybody!

My first Music Industry (called Entertainment Industry here) class wraps up on Monday with our exam. Our final project was a 4 page paper, that as long as you had the minimum of 4 pages and 5 sources you got a 100, no questions asked. To get an A in that class I have to make a 92 on this last exam, so I've been studying a good bit today for it. 

^ But Nicky's sounds really fun, hopefully as I advance throughout the Entertainment courses we get to do things like this.

The only really cool thing I've been able to do was volunteer at the tobyMac a couple weeks ago.

My first Music Industry (called Entertainment Industry here) class wraps up on Monday with our exam. Our final project was a 4 page paper, that as long as you had the minimum of 4 pages and 5 sources you got a 100, no questions asked. To get an A in that class I have to make a 92 on this last exam, so I've been studying a good bit today for it. 

^ But Nicky's sounds really fun, hopefully as I advance throughout the Entertainment courses we get to do things like this.

The only really cool thing I've been able to do was volunteer at the tobyMac a couple weeks ago.

what are you hoping to do with a degree in "Music Industry" after school? (just curious)

The two things that I'm looking at are being either an A&R rep or do some type of marketing with a label.

You a full sail kid?

I go to school for entertainment business, I know it wasn't the smartest move in most people's eyes but I don't think I would have been able to concentrate in a different major. If it doesn't pertain to my interests, I can't focus. We do learn a lot though. Plus, the industry is based mostly on experience, so degrees don't get people far anyway. I mostly do it to make my family think I'm not a waste of space. (Which makes me sound like a trust fund kid, but I'm not. I got a few rad scholarships and I'm in debt for the rest. Hollah.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic