The worst part is that Obamacare/The Affordable Health Care Act makes it even harder. It's great that it is taking away everything regarding pre-conditioned issues. But now I am forced (even though the penalty doesn't seem that bad) to buy a health insurance plan starting at $250 a month that carries a $6,500 deductible (that a lot of doctors are going to want upfront).

I haven't read THAT much into how Canada does their health care, I believe you pay extra taxes at end of the year if you have a medical issue, or something along those lines? It seems like a pretty great theory though overall.

In short, our healthcare is payed through taxes on each paycheque, which cover just about everything related to a hospital visit (I think the last time I broke a bone my parents' insurance payed for the cast - I'm not sure though, it was years ago). People have health insurance, which usually comes from employers and that covers pharmacuticals and dental.

Records. Guitars. Video games. Technology. Music.

Do we have the same SO; or are you me?

Things you love that your significant other mostly doesn't give a shit about? And GO.

No SO for me, but in general...

For guys: things girls like

For girls: things guys like

For all of you Elephant 6/Elf Power fans out there, you might enjoy this little story:

Andrew Rieger was at my house today. He's technically the person in charge of me at my internship, and I had to get something signed by him for my music business class. He lives two or three blocks from my house, so he just swung by, signed it, and rummaged through my records for a few minutes.

He didn't say anything about it, but I'm sure he got a kick out of finding a copy of the most recent Elf Power album sandwiched between a bunch of electronic and metal albums.

For all of you Elephant 6/Elf Power fans out there, you might enjoy this little story:

Andrew Rieger was at my house today. He's technically the person in charge of me at my internship, and I had to get something signed by him for my music business class. He lives two or three blocks from my house, so he just swung by, signed it, and rummaged through my records for a few minutes.

He didn't say anything about it, but I'm sure he got a kick out of finding a copy of the most recent Elf Power album sandwiched between a bunch of electronic and metal albums.

That is pretty sweet! You should get him to give me the hookup when I see them open for Neutral Milk Hotel in January.  :)

I passed out before midnight last night after overdosing on sparkling cider and various snacks...while watching a really terrible made for tv Christmas movie with one of my childhood best friends. Also sling yoga was involved. 

It was honestly the best sleep I've had months and I even woke up before my alarm.

The actual reason behind this post is "damn, I missed a lot of drama in the Brand New thread while I was away."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic