i used to live with a subway sandwich artist. he'd come home smelling like bread EVERY DAY. to the point where it made me sick and I couldn't eat subway for a while. that smell will get into your brain

always brought home free cookies though

I actually started mapping out a nonprofit to help get better mental health care systems in schools an colleges, because therapy is something I've always needed but never had due to financial struggle. If we had better systems in school to support mental health, it would be a way to help kids but relieve parents of financial duty.

However, I underestimated how much money goes into just starting a non-profit and until I magically have a few thousand dollars to throw around, I can't really make it happen. It's a bummer.

I know a bit about this if you ever wanted to PM and the like! Starting a nonprofit can be expensive but every cost need not be upfront.

I believe you!  I come from the home of Jersey Mikes, so I always went there.  But I work out near Princeton and there is no Jersey Mikes to be had.  South Jersey sure does have some great delis though.  I was in Hammonton once and had this fantastic sandwich from this Italian family owned sub shop.  No idea the name though.

i used to live with a subway sandwich artist. he'd come home smelling like bread EVERY DAY. to the point where it made me sick and I couldn't eat subway for a while. that smell will get into your brain

always brought home free cookies though

I used to work at a gas station/subway place and still to this day I cannot eat Subway because of that smell. It haunts me. 

I believe you!  I come from the home of Jersey Mikes, so I always went there.  But I work out near Princeton and there is no Jersey Mikes to be had. 

They just opened one of these about 5 minutes from my work, I have never been but I will certainly check it out!

I used to work at a gas station/subway place and still to this day I cannot eat Subway because of that smell. It haunts me. 

Over the summer I survived on Subway and Taco Bell. 

It has taken me 5 months to start eating both again. Still in moderation. 

I don't ever want to get to the point where my body thinks Taco Bell is a good replacement for fresh veggies again.

Jersey Mikes is okay, but it's expensive as shit for the portions you get. Also, fuck Mike's way. "You wanna get this Mike's way?" No I don't want half a bottle of oil and vinegar haphazardly dumped on my sandwich making it a soggy piece of shit.

They've certainly hiked their prices in the past couple years.  I frequented THE original Jersey Mike's, so they still pretty much act like the family owned shop they started out as, so portions were never an issue there.

Sub beans for meat, duuuuh.

even i were to do that. there is nothing appealing about fast food mexican. that is sit down, cook stuff slow..have chips and salsa and a few Sol's and Pacifico's. but i dont get burritos or chimmy's. i like carne asadas and other goodies. i also dont want to shit myself before finishing my pop.

heres what drives me nuts about the sandwich places in my town:

1. they weigh each sammie as the meat is cut. (corporate standards to save all that money and meat, yo)

2. they individually peel each triangle cut of cheese like they're peeling one dollar bills at the strip club. absolutely no more than 3 slices of cheese. provolone is extra (harder to make, duh)

3. double meat is double price.

4. thanks for putting it in your 'oven'. my oven doesnt have a rotating plastic dish and a light bulb that cooks it.

fuck, i just want a greased up italian in a v-neck with epic chest hair and gold chains throwing shit into bread. thats all i want! FU kansas you piece of shit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic