The other day at work a local current event got brought up at work that was racially sensitive in our lunch room.

Basically, in my view, an African-American kid tried to steal some stuff from a gas station, got busted by the clerk, and then tried to escape. He was then tackled and restrained by three white dude customers. One of the customers had him in a headlock, which amounted to suffocating and killing the kid.

A co-worker started saying shit like, "Well, he shouldn't have been stealing. That's what he gets." I kind of lost it and swore a bunch because if the races had been reversed in the scenario, the attackers/restrainers would have been charged and taken to jail on the spot.

Anyways, a couple days pass by, and apparently someone went to HR on me because of my "profanity." I'm almost positive of who it is and there are plenty of co-workers who agree with me, but I was not allowed to know who my accuser was.

Any advice on how to handle going forward? Should I just ignore this person? Confront them?

i appreciate that logan. im driving from DC to LA, as im moving. sucks i dont go north :/

ill be coming to PA on march 1st though on tour! maybe i can guest list you and you can come out and party?

Gotcha. Good luck with the move! I'm jealous.

And absolutely! Do you know which part of PA?

Also, I took a panorama of my clean room to show Charlie. But I can't post it from my phone.

Wow, that would ruin my month.

there are 3 of us splitting it, but I'm the only one actually working right now, the other 2 are doing unpaid internships so they have to borrow money. I feel bad about the whole thing.

the radio said people are seeing record high bills because of that gd polar vortex and frigid temps.

My last oil bill was $640, like I said earlier in the thread, owning a house sucks.

When we got in the house yesterday there was no oil in the tank. It cost ~$1000 to fill it up, plus we had to have someone come bleed the the system and reset it. That cost gave me a mini panic attack last night. Fun stuff.

Wow, Madie.  That is a lot of money.  =\  How much of an increase is it from what you guys are used to for the other 3 seasons of the year?

it's been $200 at the most for the previous cold months.

summer is anywhere from 80-150 depending on AC use.

this house was built in 1920, so it's really drafty. can't wait to get out of it.

When we got in the house yesterday there was no oil in the tank. It cost ~$1000 to fill it up, plus we had to have someone come bleed the the system and reset it. That cost gave me a mini panic attack last night. Fun stuff.

You should never let your tank dip below a quarter. I only need oik like 4 times a year, all it does is provide heat.

it's been $200 at the most for the previous cold months.

summer is anywhere from 80-150 depending on AC use.

this house was built in 1920, so it's really drafty. can't wait to get out of it.

Wow, $200 would still be an issue for me to cover.  But you said you're splitting it, right?

I live in an apartment and our gas bill for last month is $74.  I feel like a jerk because it's so low.  =[

When are you planning on moving?

Not sure if you'd want to or if it is even possible but our power company will do a blended rate year round. So we pay something like $150 a month but we always know what the bill will be. We miss out on the $60 summer bills but we also don't get the $450 surprises in the winter. 

I was just looking at stuff like this on the consumers energy website. It's probably something I'd consider but our lease is up in july and I'm getting out of that place for good.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic