I'm so cheap and have a strong aversion to spending money on prepared food/drink when I could use that money instead to buy records, which will last much longer than a cup of coffee. Brewing your own coffee is so cheap, and if you get a coffeemaker that isn't in the cheapest tier you can set it up on a timer to brew in the morning, if you are convinced you don't have enough time in the morning to make a cup of coffee. I'm truly baffled by people who buy coffee from Dunkin or Starbucks or whatever every day, but I suppose there are a lot of people who are baffled by me for not going to bed at a reasonable time because I'm too busy shopping for records online.

I used to set the timer on my coffee pot that all the time, it was much harder for me to sleep late with the smell of coffee in the air.  I switched to a French press years ago, so I have to put a little more effort into my coffee in the mornings now.  Someone needs to invent a French press with a start timer, I will gladly give them much money!

I am a person who goes to Dunkin every morning, I need to stop though.  I just recently started a new job so my schedule is all out of wack.  I think this weekend I will buy a new mug, and get the shit to do it at home.  My coffee maker is being unused, which is sad becasue I love it.  Tough times....

I love being able to enjoy a cup of coffee on my couch every morning while listening to records and perusing through VC. I don't understand the people that pay for coffee everyday either. It's way too expensive.

That's how I start my day usually too, except I'm usually at my desk.

I am a person who goes to Dunkin every morning, I need to stop though.  I just recently started a new job so my schedule is all out of wack.  I think this weekend I will buy a new mug, and get the shit to do it at home.  My coffee maker is being unused, which is sad becasue I love it.  Tough times....

Get a small Stanley thermos, it'll keep your coffee warm for hours.

my only starbucks story:

my bff usually gets my almost 5 year old godson a chocolate milk from starbucks if she takes him to target and needs to get groceries/knows they'll be awhile, because it keeps him quiet and entertained. they usually put it in one of the regular cold drink cups for him. she said they were shopping and these two older/middle aged women were whispering and pointing at him, and finally one walked over and was like 'are you sure it's a good idea to give coffee to a child that age?' and she was like 'are you kidding me right now? mind your own business...it's chocolate milk anyways.'  apparently for the rest of their shopping trip, if my godson saw anyone so much as glance in his direction, he would say 'don't worry; it's chocolate milk!'

I used to be a barista (and bagel master) at a local coffee shop. The prices were INSANNE. Like, more than Starbucks prices in some instances. It always surprised me how many people would come in every single day.

Apparently ever since I left, business has died down though. I guess the new girls that work there REALLY suck and no one wants to pay obnoxious money for gross drinks. My cousin's friend actually told her that they forgot to put espresso in her latte not once...but twice.

She also said that the only employee there that was beyond amazing was "the girl who was always changing her hair, but it was mostly pink." I guess that girl always got her drinks perfect and was by far the nicest employee.

(That girl was me!!!!)

my only starbucks story:

my bff usually gets my almost 5 year old godson a chocolate milk from starbucks if she takes him to target and needs to get groceries/knows they'll be awhile, because it keeps him quiet and entertained. they usually put it in one of the regular cold drink cups for him. she said they were shopping and these two older/middle aged women were whispering and pointing at him, and finally one walked over and was like 'are you sure it's a good idea to give coffee to a child that age?' and she was like 'are you kidding me right now? mind your own business...it's chocolate milk anyways.'  apparently for the rest of their shopping trip, if my godson saw anyone so much as glance in his direction, he would say 'don't worry; it's chocolate milk!'

People... -_-

Starbucks story of my onw:

I went to the regular about 3 years ago around Christmas time for my Pumpkin Spice.  There was a new girl there who made my coffee and it was cold as ice.  I told her it was cold, and she replied "That is how its made"  I said, "Noooooo, a hot coffee should be hot....".  She said that is how she was told to make them and they all come like that.   I said, "ok thanks."  I drank it being cold and disgusting, and then emailed Starbucks about the service.  Long story short, they appologized and game me like 10 free drink coupon thingys.

I've never enjoyed coffee.

But I do enjoy my Green Tea with Jasmin from Trader Joe's. Heat some water while I'm brushing my teeth, drop a tea bag in my travel mug, and I'm out the door.

I love coffee but I started drinking green tea in the mornings during the week and treat myself to a nice cup of percolated coffee on the weekend. Besides being super cheap (48 bags for $2 at TJ's), I feel the green tea has a subtler and longer-lasting caffeine perk. That's also completely changed how my body accepts caffeine, and now when I have a cup of coffee with pretty much any caffeine in it I actually feel buzzed, which is new to me. I started drinking coffee when I was in sixth grade and quickly developed a tolerance for it; I wouldn't feel much different with or without coffee and it took a LOT of coffee to get me hyper.

I love coffee but I started drinking green tea in the mornings during the week and treat myself to a nice cup of percolated coffee on the weekend. Besides being super cheap (48 bags for $2 at TJ's), I feel the green tea has a subtler and longer-lasting caffeine perk. That's also completely changed how my body accepts caffeine, and now when I have a cup of coffee with pretty much any caffeine in it I actually feel buzzed, which is new to me. I started drinking coffee when I was in sixth grade and quickly developed a tolerance for it; I wouldn't feel much different with or without coffee and it took a LOT of coffee to get me hyper.

My morning tea is the only caffeinated beverage I have anymore. I used to drink sodas by the gallon, but I went cold turkey a decade or so ago and I haven't been back since. I don't even enjoy the taste anymore.

I can get buzzed off the sugar rush from a piece of chocolate, though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic