In the middle of a crazy stressful day my boss insisted that I join the birthday party for the intern I'm mentoring. I love the young man, great guy that I've given a ton of my time, but at that moment and all the shit I'm sorting out for other's mistakes I had no interest but was made to join. During cupcakes I shit all over Astrology and Psychics after I realized that everyone but me was way into it. I think that'll learn em not to take me away from managing their messes. 

I was a total grump. I did get him an original Return of the Jedi speeder bike and speeder bike pilot figure for his birthday. He's a huge fan so I think he'll forgive me. 

I'm in such a mood I think I need to go running before I go home. I shouldn't bring this crap home with me. 

My friend's birthday my friend got her an OP of The Rolling Stones Some Girls but it was the censored version, but I have to top that, I'm thinking about giving her a copy of Nico, because she isn't into The Velvet Underground.

Also what was that album that came out a long time ago that came with a pair of underwear for girls I think they were white.

Just browsing through facebook when I see a comment about a DIY wedding that only cost 10K and how blahblah saved money.

10K.

If I ever get married, it's going to be in the forest with like 5 people to witness, beer, and pizza.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine spending that much money on something that holds no monetary value after the fact...sounds harsh, but I would rather have a small and inexpensive wedding for a couple grand and put the rest down on a house or something.

Either way, I ain't getting married anytime soon, so eff that noise. :ph34r:

My friend's birthday my friend got her an OP of The Rolling Stones Some Girls but it was the censored version, but I have to top that, I'm thinking about giving her a copy of Nico, because she isn't into The Velvet Underground.

Did I read this right...you are hoping the first Velvets LP will get her into the band? If so, good job young blood, you yoots need more Velvet Underground in your lives.

Fuck Yeah I love The Velvet Underground! (I like Loaded more personal) Nico is more approachable though!

Indeed! I am a White Light/White Heat fan...mainly because of Sister Ray, but Loaded is definitely up there. B)

I've always liked the idea of secretly getting eloped and then later down the line having a small ceremony to renew vows.

But this doesn't fit my future cat/dog/animal lady plans.

Yeah, this would be a much better approach in my mind, but my eternal bachelor plans disagree.

I've always liked the idea of secretly getting eloped and then later down the line having a small ceremony to renew vows.

But this doesn't fit my future cat/dog/animal lady plans.

i totally did this! we mentioned marriage, and within the week, we were married. granted we paid two witnesses and got married at 5:55pm on a wednesday. the staff was going home and we had to beg them to stay.

this april is our 5th year. we planned on doing a small ceremony or reception but its been a rough year already. someday.

I've had multiple kats live with me since I was 10. I could talk about my kats all day. I spell kat with a k because I'm also obsessed with George Herriman. Bored or down? Read some Krazy Kat. One of the middle names on the list for my kid was Ignatz. Also on there were Lando and McQueen. I also had Cassius on there - to name him after my kat from college. I name every kat I meet. 

I love kats. 

I don't think I could have done a 10k wedding. Ours cost around 35-40k (not sure exactly how much). Everything was so expensive. Just renting the church cost 3k. Shit it crazy

No offense/disrespect to you at all, but FUCK THAT.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic