Seems like they just want some sort of closure for when they pass. I try not to concern myself with it.

The part that sucks is that this lady is always so nice to me. Not like this is going to make me not talk to her or treat her differently, but I don't think I'll ever be able to ignore the fact that she thinks she gets possessed by the devil.

I feel like they waste so much time dwelling on what happens next and they don't let anything happen while they are existing now.  For some reason it bothers me.

Oh I'm totally with you on that. 

I feel like they waste so much time dwelling on what happens next and they don't let anything happen while they are existing now.  For some reason it bothers me.

Yeah, know what you mean. It bothers me too. I went to a Catholic school from 2nd-8th grade and looking back, I know my parents meant well, but it was an awful school. Anytime I questioned anything about the religion, I was shut out of the discussion immediately and punished in some way. But that is a whole crazy argument that I don't want to start!

almost spat coffee out of my mouth.  

My jaw dropped and I was just kinda going along with it like it was totally normal. When I walked out of the isle, I went up stairs and took my break because I just had to think this through.

I agree.  People are too worried about death and being worried.  I just live day by day and enjoy it.  You can die at any moment, that is why you need to make every minute matter.  In the words of Doc Brown:

DocBrown.jpg

haha. i remember seeing the first one in the theater the weekend it released. my dad took me and i just got spacers in my teeth for getting braces.

it was on an army base and movies were 25 cents.

i ate popcorn even though you werent supposed to with spacers.

Dude that's seriously an awesome memory.  Back in 2011 I was kinda/sorta seeing this guy and he took me to this theatre in NYC to see a midnight screening of the original film reel of BTTF1.  It was so cool.

Two of my co-workers are at it. One came to me calling the other a horrible bitch to which I had to tell her to cut the language and to take a timeout to calm down before things escalate. 

I'm babysitting instead of working today and have no interest in trying to sort it out since one party is irrational and the other is really hard to communicate with. This is a dead end situation but with the boss out I can either let it fester or try to smooth it over. 

I'm going with answer C - close my office door and say I have conference calls. (which I do but not enough to get me to 6:30)

man i hate when people act like this. my many-times-mentioned loud, gross coworker gets in spats with people and it gets so awkwardddd

Old people love mysteries. Shit, Murder She Wrote went 12 seasons. 

because it was a fabulous show!

Seems like they just want some sort of closure for when they pass. I try not to concern myself with it.

The part that sucks is that this lady is always so nice to me. Not like this is going to make me not talk to her or treat her differently, but I don't think I'll ever be able to ignore the fact that she thinks she gets possessed by the devil.

that's when you just back away homer simpson style, and never speak of it again.

203653.gif

lololol this is so good.

Dude that's seriously an awesome memory.  Back in 2011 I was kinda/sorta seeing this guy and he took me to this theatre in NYC to see a midnight screening of the original film reel of BTTF1.  It was so cool.

I'm so happy I found a girl who finds so much passion for BTTF as I do.  It was so awesome seeing the digital rerelease with her and a bunch of other BTTF fans.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic