My boss is pretty well known so I've wound up in some cool spots with interesting people. Rue Mcclanahan was actually separate from that but due to my work on behalf of captive chimpanzees. She was pretty rad in advocating on behalf of animal rights. 

I've been rewatching the original trilogy yet again. In hindsight, ROTJ was a clear signifier of what Lucas was going to do when he made the next trilogy. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie as a culmination and balance to the previous two. Lucas decided to Ewokify everything from start to finish then have Hayden Christensen yell NOOOOOO!!!! at the end as if that was really an ending.

The worst part of those films? Calling the children Younglings. I mean, we use the term Father, Mother, Brother and Sister but now we are in a galaxy far away so children are younglings. Annoyed me so much. 

WTF?! Never heard of that before. Episode 1 does provide some good things but there is a bunch of crap in it also.

I agree - their reasoning was to skip all the medichlorion talk and everything else that happens that is relevant in that movie is discussed at some other point in the series. It also becomes a pseudo flashback about Vader's upraising once you find out he is Luke's father.

an actual conversation with a coworker today.

coworker "the terrorists are laughing their asses off about this plane"

me "what?"

coworker "it's been how many days and the US can't find this plane, they know they got us"

me "what?"

me "do you know where the plane took off from? or where it was headed? or... that this was in no way a terrorist attack against America?"

coworker "no"

me "the plane was going from Malaysia to Beijing.. "

coworker -silence-

me: "two places not within the US, they think the plane may have gone down in the Indian Ocean.. which is also very far from the US"

coworker "oh, so the US only cares about itself, they need to go help"

me "they are"

coworker "oh"

coworker "it's a frikken airplane, it's big, how can they not find it"

me "the Indian Ocean is a tad bit bigger than an airplane"

coworker "they should put radars in the ocean that would detect metal, problem solved"

the coworker then continued on about the radar under the sea idea.. I don't know how I didn't put my head through a wall.

I agree - their reasoning was to skip all the medichlorion talk and everything else that happens that is relevant in that movie is discussed at some other point in the series. It also becomes a pseudo flashback about Vader's upraising once you find out he is Luke's father.

you present valid points sir.... valid points...

an actual conversation with a coworker today.

coworker "the terrorists are laughing their asses off about this plane"

me "what?"

coworker "it's been how many days and the US can't find this plane, they know they got us"

me "what?"

me "do you know where the plane took off from? or where it was headed? or... that this was in no way a terrorist attack against America?"

coworker "no"

me "the plane was going from Malaysia to Beijing.. "

coworker -silence-

me: "two places not within the US, they think the plane may have gone down in the Indian Ocean.. which is also very far from the US"

coworker "oh, so the US only cares about itself, they need to go help"

me "they are"

coworker "oh"

coworker "it's a frikken airplane, it's big, how can they not find it"

me "the Indian Ocean is a tad bit bigger than an airplane"

coworker "they should put radars in the ocean that would detect metal, problem solved"

the coworker then continued on about the radar under the sea idea.. I don't know how I didn't put my head through a wall.

lol actually "the terrorists" have said they didn't do anything with the plane and were basically like, damn we wish we had the skill to steal a plane and then land it somewhere and then use it later for bombing things.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic