updates:

-my roommate has noro virus, I’m terrified.

-my mom told me to stay away from her! will listen to my mom.

-I have a phone interview tomorrow at 10am, which I am hoping to be in full health for.

-pregnant facebook girl eluded to the fact that they’re getting engaged soon, winking smiley face was included.

-I feel queasy

No bueno...

I once had a professor correct me in email on something I can't even remember. Real nitpick. But in the process he misspelled my name and it took everything in me not to correct him.

You should have! People always misspell or mispronounce my name and I always let it slide.  -_-

I love the awkwardness of being me.  Even when I try and follow what I assume is correct social protocol I manage to make a mess of it.

I frequent Noodles and Co for lunch once or twice a week so I've gotten to know the employees.  Once of the girls hasn't been there for a few months and was there today so attempting polite small talk I ask her where she's been lately.  She says she got pregnant and had to move so she had to have them switch her shift.  I assumed correct social protocol was to say congratulations, so I do that and she gets pissed.  She proceeds to tell me that she got and abortion and had to move because she broke up with her boyfriend and that it was really shitty of me to say congratulations when shes going through all this.

So yeah thats the last time I say congratulations when someone tells me about their pregnancy.

same thing happened to a girl I went to high school with, I saw her a few years after schol and she had gained a substantial amount of weight.

I had heard she was pregnant, and we had a pretty good friendship (in school), so I asked her about it and congratulated her.

turned out she was pregnant a year before that but lost it. the weight wasn't baby weight or anything.

last time I ever commented on anyone's pregnancy or lack-thereof

Pregnancy is touchy but with the Noodles & Co. gal she created an awkward situation by bringing up a pregnancy that she didn't really want to discuss. There is always a follow up to news so monumental. It's unfortunate but the lame moment was created by her lack of a follow up when she revealed this news. I wouldn't feel bad one bit.

A few months back an Aunt called and left a message for my wife. She saw a photo and congratulated her on being pregnant. Not only was she not pregnant but we've struggled in our attempts to become pregnant again. That bit of unsolicited cheer is what I call awkward. I had to call her and explain that she wasn't carrying and that the message was not well received though we know she loves us and had nothing but good intentions. All cool. 

I already went to the post office, and I am going to Staples in about an hour.

Stop trying to copy my day!

Look at us!! I spent $80 of the company's money and it felt awesome.

updates:

-my roommate has noro virus, I’m terrified.

-my mom told me to stay away from her! will listen to my mom.

-I have a phone interview tomorrow at 10am, which I am hoping to be in full health for.

-pregnant facebook girl alluded to the fact that they’re getting engaged soon, winking smiley face was included.

-I feel queasy

You only feel queasy because you're overthinking your roomie being sick!  ~~~posi vibes to feel better~~~ & GL on the interview tomorrow!

so...this just weirded me out.

ScreenShot2014-04-21at125534PM_zps47d94d

I saw a thing on Tumblr where it's him next to a photo of Al Borland from Home Improvement.  Uncanny.

Also when I was at college Al Borland was there with his son on a school tour.  We were all like "Is it him?? Is it?" and when he walked past us he smiled and gave us that reassuring nod as if he was saying "I do think so, ladies."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic