I decided to try quitting smoking and am using one of those eCigarettes. So far it's almost been a full day without an actual cigarette. Pretty happy with that so far. I'm doing my best to make it a few days 'cuz after that it should be a lot easier to maintain quitting even without the eCig.

Keep it up and keep distracted. It takes three days for the nicotine to leave your system. The habitual addiction is the hurdle, but the more you don't smoke, the more that becomes more normal than smoking. Don't give up. I quit over two years ago, and even though I still have the occasional one and use an ecig nightly (only for the past few months or so) it's one of the best and easiest decisions I've made.

When I miss it, I just think about going back to that means going back to being controlled, as dramatic as that sounds. Constantly checking the clock for break time. Where I'm allowed to stand in public. The anxiety when you can't find a lighter or you forgot an extra pack to bring with you somewhere. Going back to having complete strangers asking you for something you spent your own hard earned money on... on a regular fucking basis. No, thank you.

tl;dr Proud of you

It takes three days for the nicotine to leave your system.

Unfortunately since I'm using the eCig, I'm still going to have nicotine in my system so that doesn't really apply right now. I figure if I can get myself away from the habit of actually lighting up a cigarette, I'll have a much easier time just quitting the eCig and being completely nicotine free and that's when the 3 day mark will actually matter. So far I've done pretty good. I've now made it a full 24 hours without lighting a cigarette which is still a big accomplishment to me. I'm sure with each day it will become easier. You're right though that a big key is staying distracted. I'm doing pretty good at it so far. Definitely taking this one day at a time. Thanks for the support.

Drinking and watching Game of Thrones. I'm on episode 4, not sure if I like it.

I think I gave up after the second or third one. Definitely don't see what all the hype is about, personally.

Also, decided to sell a few more records tonight. Realized there's another half-dozen or so that I haven't touched since I got them. I also realized that I really need to get the wood cabinet for my Marantz receiver 'cuz I'm tired of it looking naked, even if she is a sexy beast.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic