Eggsactly!

Side note: I got one of those phone calls today where the person tries to get you to send them money to help your family member who is being held hostage. It started out with them saying "Hi, my name is Steven something, your brother has been in a car accident and needs your help", so I said I didn't have a brother, to which their reply was "your FATHER, has been in a car accident...can you give me their name so I know I am talking to the right person?". Of course I said a fake name, which of course they said "yes, that's it" to.

After getting the fake name from me, they proceeded to tell me that my father hit their brother's BMW, and the brother asked for the cops to not be involved. This then turned into "he took his phone and broke his hand with a gun, then we tied him up and are holding him hostage unless you pay for the damages to my brother's car". At that point, I repeated everything he said to confirm I heard him right...

Me: "so you are telling me that my father hit your brother's car, and now you are holding him hostage at gunpoint until I pay for the damages?"

Them: "yes, so what are you going to do?"

Me: "I say you go ahead and kill him." *hangs up*

I called my dad as soon as I hung up and he was fine. He got a chuckle when I asked him if he was tied up and being held at gunpoint..."Not really..." he said!

Scammers need to learn how to scam better...

DTBPHft.gif

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic