Let's say your friends offered you $200 combined so you could pay a big chunk for a record you really want but it's one of those healthy lifestyle deals, would you do it? They've been on an exercise/healthy eating thing since the beginning of the year and they have definitely lost weight and they feel really great and I should join in but I feel really down about it. I have no motivation so they are trying to motivate me this way. I think it's really nice but I can't see myself actually taking that much money from anyone. Would you guys do it? I'm not gonna lie, $200 would definitely motivate me.

Go for it... what could it hurt?

I was pretty damn excited. I paid 35 for the whole lot. SO basically that copy was a little over a dollar. I bolded the ones I am keeping, the rest I am going to through back on the bay.

1. Easy Rider - VG+

2. Flashdance - VG

3. The Big Chill - VG

4. Superman II - VG (corner-cut) (emblazoned with "S" on LP)

5. Superman III - Good

6. Star Wars - Fair

7. Star Wars & Close Encounters conducted by Zubin Mehta - Good

8. Close Encounters of the Third Kind - VG

9. Caddyshack - VG

10. Weird Science - VG

11. Barbarella - Poor

12. The Black Hole - Good

13. The Terminator - Good

14. Grease - VG

15. Xanadu - VG

16. American Werewolf in London - VG

17. American Gigolo - VG

18. Dueling Banjos from Deliverance - Good (notch cut in corner)

19. Clockwork Orange - Fair

20. A Fistful of Dollars - Fair

21. Fright Night - Good (hole punch in corner)

22. One From The Heart - Fair - I might keep this one because of Tom Waits :-)

23. Dirty Dancing - Fair (stains on cover)

24. Streets of Fire - VG

25. Gremlins - VG

26. Moonlighting - VG

27. Dune - Fair

28. Eddie and the Cruisers - VG

29. White Nights - VG

30. If Ever I See You Again - Fair

31. Miami Vice II - VG

32. Mel Brooks High Anxiety - Good (notch cut in bottom)

So many good ones...

How much for that A Fist Full Of Dollars?

Got a question for y'all and no need to start a thread solely for it. I got invited to a good friend's housewarming party tomorrow. I've known him and his wife and kids for quite a while now. It's basically BYOB, which is fine. What else should I bring? Is a gift expected and part of the norm? What should it be if so?

I would bring some beer to drink and then maybe a decent bottle of wine/liquor/beer for them.

So many good ones...

How much for that A Fist Full Of Dollars?

Name your price my man. You can message me if you want.

Its actually titled "Music from A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and "The Good. The Bad, and The Ugly."

this version:

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Hugo-Montenegro-And-His-Orchestra-Music-From-A-Fistful-Of-Dollars-For-A-Few-Dollars-More-The-GoodBad/170800795?ev=bp_titl

Ugh. :( I'm so sorry. That sounds so painful! Did you step on something?

No =\ What the Dr thinks happened was that my nail naturally grows too deep on the side of my toe causing it to puncture the skin.  He thinks that when I clipped my toes last, something got into the open skin that the nail punctured.  He said it's definitely infected, so he wrote me a script for an antibiotic.  He cut the nail away from the side of the nailbed and owwwwww that was not pleasant. =[  I have to soak it in epsom salt multiple times a day now until it gets better.

Been binge watching Game of Thrones. One more episode on season 2. So good!

I binge watched all of season 1 and then felt like I needed to go to church. Lol. It's an awesome show! Once you get completely caught up, travel to the GOT thread. They posted some funny pics in there.

Edit: make sure it's not the book thread!

I binge watched all of season 1 and then felt like I needed to go to church. Lol. It's an awesome show! Once you get completely caught up, travel to the GOT thread. They posted some funny pics in there.

Edit: make sure it's not the book thread!

I bought the first book and loved it. Gotta get the rest.

Edit: I need to visit Kansas City!

http://www.abcnews4.com/clip/10356601/see-it-for-yourself-worlds-tallest-water-slide

No =\ What the Dr thinks happened was that my nail naturally grows too deep on the side of my toe causing it to puncture the skin.  He thinks that when I clipped my toes last, something got into the open skin that the nail punctured.  He said it's definitely infected, so he wrote me a script for an antibiotic.  He cut the nail away from the side of the nailbed and owwwwww that was not pleasant. =[  I have to soak it in epsom salt multiple times a day now until it gets better.

That sounds awful.  I got a really bad ingrown nail about 10 years ago and that was incredibly unpleasant, I'm guessing some sort of infection in your foot is even worse.

Oof. Been there, done that, try to avoid it now.

yeah but the cups get smaller and smaller each year, it's not really worth going anymore.

I know I'm pretttttty late on this...but...

2584020-0930868846-tumbl.gif

I know I'm pretttttty late on this...but...

2584020-0930868846-tumbl.gif

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Haha A+

I'm up late with a ton of work on my hands and people calling me non-stop about news that I don't care to address until Monday when I'm home from my wife's family reunion. I'm simply stressed as hell but should be out celebrating. I think I just hit a new level of "I'm a full-fledged adult". The part where you can barely afford the time to take in life's successes because such news complicates an already too-busy life. Shit, I've tuned in here for a total of 3 minutes in two days. What does that say?

I'm up late with a ton of work on my hands and people calling me non-stop about news that I don't care to address until Monday when I'm home from my wife's family reunion. I'm simply stressed as hell but should be out celebrating. I think I just hit a new level of "I'm a full-fledged adult". The part where you can barely afford the time to take in life's successes because such news complicates an already too-busy life. Shit, I've tuned in here for a total of 3 minutes in two days. What does that say?

:( Best of luck with everything, Dave. I hope all this new news works itself out!

It's great news. Career-shifting news. It's simply a pain in the ass when I have four current projects. I'll post it up at some point, a few folks on here are friends on Facebook so they know it already. It's weird to be at a point where knocking back a few beers to celebrate something awesome is too much of a burden. Never saw the day coming but here it is. At least I caught a few moments to cruise around here today. I'm tired and am going to just sleep here on the couch. Ha ha. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic