Both great albums sir

I have that Penfold album on vinyl and I've never listened to it, what is wrong with me? Will move on to it next and go through the others I haven't heard of on Monday, thanks.

One of my favorite endings to any song, ever.  Familiarize yourself with the song, and then soak in the awesomeness of the end of this live video.  

I've never listened to End of a Year, and I'm not sure why.  I've heard the odd song here and there, but that's it.

They're from around where I grew up and I'm really pissed at myself for writing off as "scene bullshit" and never going to their shows back around 04-05.

Their LPs Sincerely and YABM are so fucking good. They've abandoned that style as Self Defense Family and are consistently awesome, but it's a bummer they've pretty much disowned their older emo-ish stuff. 

I've never listened to End of a Year, and I'm not sure why. I've heard the odd song here and there, but that's it.

If you end up liking YABM, hit me up...I have a copy for sale.

They were End of a Year, then they changed it to Self Defense Family. They put out a couple 7"s as "End of a Year Self Defense Family" as a transition.

Ahhh.  Gotcha.  But holy shit, I think I'm actually tired.  I've been up since 7, so I guess I'll try to sleep.  I wish VC people were local.  I think I'd like most of you better than my actual friends.

And I only made it through 4 beers.  Slightly buzzed.

Oof. Been there, done that, try to avoid it now.

This has happened at least 5 times in the last two years. I've only had to go see a Dr about it twice, but it never hurt as bad as it does this time. :( I'm seriously so careful every time I clip my nails. I think its because of my compromised immune system that I seem to be prone to it occurring now.

That sounds awful.  I got a really bad ingrown nail about 10 years ago and that was incredibly unpleasant, I'm guessing some sort of infection in your foot is even worse.

:( Yeah.  I went to bed last night with it throbbing again and it made me nervous, but I woke up this morning with little pain. Hopefully I'll be ok today!

No =\ What the Dr thinks happened was that my nail naturally grows too deep on the side of my toe causing it to puncture the skin. He thinks that when I clipped my toes last, something got into the open skin that the nail punctured. He said it's definitely infected, so he wrote me a script for an antibiotic. He cut the nail away from the side of the nailbed and owwwwww that was not pleasant. =[ I have to soak it in epsom salt multiple times a day now until it gets better.

Ouchie! That sounds awful. I'm so sorry! I'm glad he was able to figure it out though!

3 tall boys for $5, that must be nice.  Here, a 6 pack of Bud Light would be $11-$12.  My 15 pack of PBR was $23.  

Sixers of PBR tall boys are like...$7 around here.

I wish I could live like this still. I miss my early 20s of doing whatever the fuck I wanted and being able to function on little to no sleep. Now if I go to work with less than 7 hours of sleep I feel like death.

::sigh:: Yup. I also wish I had the metabolism of my early 20's.

Mine is either The Glow Pt 2 by The Microphones or The Meadowlands by The Wrens

Each day you solidify yourself more in the top VC'er category for me. Love The Glow Pt. 2.  I think I actually like the Seven New Songs EP after he became Mount Eerie slightly better...but that's because it's what got me into Mr. Elverum in the first place.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic