Weed always knocked me out. Alcohol? I'm the life of the party... until morning. Then I'm the scum of the earth.

I could only go to parties stoned. Weed used to help my social anxiety before it turned against me and started giving me horrific panic attacks. Besides it was always fun at parties to play "Find all the stoners and go have your own mini party"

Xiu Xiu are good.  I'm more of a Deerhoof guy, though.  Saw them live together, XX opened, then Deerhoof, then they all played a song or two together. It was pretty epic.  Both guitarists in Deerhoof were playing 12-strings.  Greg Saunier is unreal on the kit.

Kind of late on this, but we're only a page back, so whatever.  Deerhoof and Xiu Xiu are both great.  I've seen 'hoof quite a few times and they're always great live.  I missed Xiu Xiu a few weeks ago because I completely forgot about it.  Still mad about that.

That sounds like an awesome show! I saw xiu xiu back after la foret came out and it's still one of the best shows I've ever seen. Just a wall of noise. The opener was Thee More Shallows, who were pretty good too and one of my friends' bands at the time. So good.

Thee More Shallows studio stuff is worth a listen.  I forget about them pretty regularly, but whenever I rediscover them, I enjoy it.

I can't believe I'm at a tiny club in London, drinking a beer, about to see Deafheaven at a sold out show.

Nice!  I had the same experience with them in Tokyo.  Very tiny, sold out club show.  It was incredible.

I'm in Dulles until tomorrow morning. I should try and go into the city and explore.... But this bed is so comfy. And the city is so far away.... Flightattendantprobs

Are you stuck close to the airport in most cities you stay in?

Kind of late on this, but we're only a page back, so whatever.  Deerhoof and Xiu Xiu are both great.  I've seen 'hoof quite a few times and they're always great live.  I missed Xiu Xiu a few weeks ago because I completely forgot about it.  Still mad about that.

Thee More Shallows studio stuff is worth a listen.  I forget about them pretty regularly, but whenever I rediscover them, I enjoy it.

I'd completely forgotten about Thee More Shallows until someone brought up Xiu Xiu and I started thinking about that show. Their live show was incredible, I can't really listen to their studio stuff :/

Friend of mine flaked out on me last night because she wasn't feeling well.

Today, the girl I'm hanging out with is thinking about bailing on our plans because she isn't feeling great either!

My first weekend off and my plans are falling apart, what the hell?!  I'm determined to enjoy it, no matter what, people just aren't making it easy...

Are you stuck close to the airport in most cities you stay in?

Actually no! Most of our hotels are right in the downtown or whatever. I just only get the crappy ones because I have no seniority. Haha. Someday.

In other news, I think I was hit on for real today. Can't say that has happened before. Hotel life.

Actually no! Most of our hotels are right in the downtown or whatever. I just only get the crappy ones because I have no seniority. Haha. Someday.

In other news, I think I was hit on for real today. Can't say that has happened before. Hotel life.

At work? The hotel? detailsssss

This is dope.

It was honestly one of the best musical experiences of my life.  He did a "trust fall" into the crowd during The Pecan Tree and then started screaming the words with everyone around him and I got massive chills.

Nice!  I had the same experience with them in Tokyo.  Very tiny, sold out club show.  It was incredible.

That sounds awesome.

At work? The hotel? detailsssss

I was sitting at the bar eating dinner and reading a book at the hotel and this dude was staring at me. I felt really uncomfortable so I Tried to eat my sandwich with great abandon so that he would be like "gross" but he just kept staring.

Like fifteen minutes later he came up to me and put one hand on my chair and the other on the counter... So awkward. And he said "so how many dues have you racked up on that libaray book?" A very awkward conversation followed where he tried to guess what my book was about and I tried to kind of explain it without making it seem like I actually wanted to talk to him at all... And he kept interrupting with these comments I guess he thought were clever. And finally he asked if he could buy me a drink and I was like "no thanks" and he said "oh well how long are you here and I said "till tomorrow morning. It will be an early morning for me" and he said "well just my luck. Well I hope you have a good flight" and then he like touched my arm and walked away while glancing back at me.

It was WEIRD.

I was sitting at the bar eating dinner and reading a book at the hotel and this dude was staring at me. I felt really uncomfortable so I Tried to eat my sandwich with great abandon so that he would be like "gross" but he just kept staring.

Like fifteen minutes later he came up to me and put one hand on my chair and the other on the counter... So awkward. And he said "so how many dues have you racked up on that libaray book?" A very awkward conversation followed where he tried to guess what my book was about and I tried to kind of explain it without making it seem like I actually wanted to talk to him at all... And he kept interrupting with these comments I guess he thought were clever. And finally he asked if he could buy me a drink and I was like "no thanks" and he said "oh well how long are you here and I said "till tomorrow morning. It will be an early morning for me" and he said "well just my luck. Well I hope you have a good flight" and then he like touched my arm and walked away while glancing back at me.

It was WEIRD.

Yikes! He was totally hitting on you, and apparently not doing a very good job of it. Gross. It's always unfortunate when someone doesn't get the hint that you don't want to talk to them...

It was WEIRD.

At least you have a great story haha

I'm with you there. I've been waiting for a call back from a prospective employer (two phone interviews and then they flew me to their hq two and a half weeks ago). My pregnant girlfriend and I are living at my mom's until I get a job and we get our own place. Things could be much worse, but it's just one of those things where nothing is normal or routine so everything is weird. And she's in Syracuse visiting family until Tuesday so I'm just being lazy and feeling down. I need to get out and do something.

That sounded much more lame, I'm sure. Wish I was at that Deafheaven show in London! That's awesome.

I'm with you there. I've been waiting for a call back from a prospective employer (two phone interviews and then they flew me to their hq two and a half weeks ago). My pregnant girlfriend and I are living at my mom's until I get a job and we get our own place. Things could be much worse, but it's just one of those things where nothing is normal or routine so everything is weird. And she's in Syracuse visiting family until Tuesday so I'm just being lazy and feeling down. I need to get out and do something.

That sounded much more lame, I'm sure. Wish I was at that Deafheaven show in London! That's awesome.

Probably just what I need. To get out and do something. Get my mind off things. We'll figure it out!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic